Tyres for canal towpath?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I find SKS guards a bit too brittle on my weekend bike but thats probably to do with my riding style and I've probably kept them on too long and I suspect other guards will be the same with me. Never really had a problem with them though on my commuter bikes where my riding is more relaxed.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I endorse the chromoplastic and Marathon suggestion. You probably neither want nor need plus. My preferred tyre is currently actually Delta Cruisers in 37mm but I don't mind fixing an occasional puncture (last one two months ago, cycling most days, average maybe 20miles a day)

Venod

Eh up
Marathon Races 30mm have been good for me on towpaths etc, SKS longboards are my mudguard choice, Vittoria XN pro CX tyres have a file tread and are also are also good on the road.

pjd57

Veteran
There isn't a standard tow path surface.
Locally it varies between decent tarmac, pot holes , loose gravel , compact gravel , cobbles and botched patches.

So no tyre will be just right on all of them

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tyre choice will depend upon the tow path condition. If very muddy you will need knobblies. My regular path and tow path is very muddy even in summer

Top Bottom