Tyres for hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PashleyPrincess

I'm looking to upgrade the tyres on my hybrid (Revolution Streetfinder) and in particular I'm looking for puncture resistance and grip in the wet. Narrowed it down to Continental Tour Ride / Continental Country Ride. I'd prefer the latter because some of my route is off road and these seem ideal. but I remember having a conversion with some fella on the train one day about how some puncture resists are not very grippy so I'm afraid to commit until I know more. Additionally, I currently have Schwalbe Marathon's on my Pashley and am considering these on my hybrid too. What do you reckon? Any advice would be most welcome...

Downward

Guru
I have the Country Rides and they seem ok - Fair enough grip on and off road but muddy/wet grass is a bit hairy.

Plax

Guru
I have Tioga City Slicker II tyres on my hybrid and they have been very good. I use that bike quite a lot on gravel tracks too. When I come to change them though I think I'll be inclined towards the Schwlabe Marathon's. I have these on my tourer and think they are great.

Top Bottom