Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Shwalbe Durano Plus

BurningLegs

Veteran
Here we go, queue ten replies with ten different tyre recommendations! :tongue:

In answer to your question - I don't think there is anything else you can do, I think you need to replace the tyres. Your current tyres are race tyres so not really designed for going over any rough stuff. Loads of tyres are, so if you swap them out for something designed to do the job I'm sure you'll see fewer punctures. :thumbsup:

I can't give you a specific recommendation, but just be warned that for any given tyre you will usually find lots of people saying they've never had a puncture on it and lots of people saying they've had more punctures than they can count!

In terms of rigid vs folding, go for folding every time. They're significantly lighter.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Here we go, queue ten replies with ten different tyre recommendations! :tongue:

In answer to your question - I don't think there is anything else you can do, I think you need to replace the tyres. Your current tyres are race tyres so not really designed for going over any rough stuff. Loads of tyres are, so if you swap them out for something designed to do the job I'm sure you'll see fewer punctures. :thumbsup:

I can't give you a specific recommendation, but just be warned that for any given tyre you will usually find lots of people saying they've never had a puncture on it and lots of people saying they've had more punctures than they can count!

In terms of rigid vs folding, go for folding every time. They're significantly lighter.
I've been advised before that these are race tyres, maybe that is the problem? Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Rigid is usually cheaper than the folding alternative (at least it is for Vittorio Rubinos)
Yes, that seems to the case.

Top Bottom