Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
My mate used them briefly.... Hated every second as there was absolutely bugger all grip on anything even vaguely approaching a damp surface. He switched to Michelin Lithion and wqas much happier.

Altyernatively I've happily used the equivalently priced Schwalbe Blizzard
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...le&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom
as a commuting tyre with no problems.

The only Vittoria's I have used are the 25mm Rubino ones that came on my Kinesis, took them off within weeks, put them on the Sirrus for a while before it was retired to the turbo and begrudgingly put the rear back on the Kinesis at the start of Jan (1550 miles ago). P'ture wise the tyre performs good (in fact I can't remember it ever p'turing on me) but grip wise its pretty poor, especially on the light Kinesis, even on drier roads. If you don't ride hard I'd say the Rubino is a good vfm tyre but if you do I'd stick away from them, that's the Rubino's mind but reading Kestevan's review the Zaffira aren't that much better. I've ordered Mitch Krylion Carbon's but I think if I had a tighter budget I'd given Mitch Lithion 2's a try.

VamP

Banned
My Bianchi came with Zaffiro's. Took them off after a couple of hundred miles and never looked back. Slow and heavy. This was in 23mm size mind.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So i'm looking for 28mm - slick tyres for the hybrid - that will be used to commute on - so puncture protection is a must and as light as possible - Please.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So i'm looking for 28mm - slick tyres for the hybrid - that will be used to commute on - so puncture protection is a must and as light as possible - Please.

Specialized Armadillo's

Top Bottom