Uber Bikes for Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MossCommuter
I bought a phone; a second hand one.

The battery life was so poor that I bought a brand new battery and fitted it. That did not improve the battery life one iota so I decided to uninstall one by one, an app a day to see if one had gone rogue and was draining the battery.

Last night I removed the Mobike app and after 8 hours uptime my phone is reporting that it has 14 hours left so I think the current Mobike app is a battery leech.

Anyone else experienced this?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'll check with GTIJ, he's at MMET now and using Mobikes a lot.

Edit: quick reply, he says a little but not excessive. Reckons it's because the phone is on GPS all day but he does keep it on battery save.

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

The battery life was so poor that I bought a brand new battery and fitted it. That did not improve the battery life one iota so I decided to uninstall one by one, an app a day to see if one had gone rogue and was draining the battery.

Last night I removed the Mobike app and after 8 hours uptime my phone is reporting that it has 14 hours left so I think the current Mobike app is a battery leech.

If you don't already have it, try an app like Cleanmaster. There are a couple of supplements to the app, boost and battery saver, which may disable the background running of the Mobike app.

Leaway2

Lycrist
In case anyone's pondering registering, from the 19th September for 4 weeks the deposit for the Mobikes has been dropped to £2.

Thanks Smokey. I was holding off until I was likely to use one but for £2 I'm in.

Registering was difficult as the time allowed to register, timed out before the txt arrived. I tried 4 times. I used the voice call method. This is just a robot voice which tells you the code.

OP
OP
MossCommuter
Thanks Smokey. I was holding off until I was likely to use one but for £2 I'm in.

Registering was difficult as the time allowed to register, timed out before the txt arrived. I tried 4 times. I used the voice call method. This is just a robot voice which tells you the code.
Turn off WiFi And it starts to work

From then on, you can use wi-fi in the app

(My battery woes go on so not mobike after all)

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

I'm more shocked by the fact you bought a second hand phone

potsy

Rambler
Just seen that the mobike scheme hits Stockport next week, 200 bikes to start building to 1000.
And it lasted 11 whole days before the local scallywags forced them to pull out, oh dear :blush:

Hope you weren't one of them @fossyant :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
And it lasted 11 whole days before the local scallywags forced them to pull out, oh dear :blush:

Hope you weren't one of them @fossyant :tongue:

Nope, didn't get to ride a Stockport bike, but my lad rode one home to a local rail station - 3 miles uphill on it ! Left it at the local rail station so it was somewhere public. I can't really see anyone using them in Stockport. They are dead handy for crossing the city in Manchester - knocks 10 minutes off getting into the centre from where I work.

Top Bottom