Uber Bikes for Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MossCommuter
What I couldn't find is whether I can use my deposit to hire more than one bike concurrently. So if I and Mrs N want to cycle to somewhere in Manchester, do we both need accounts or can I use mine for both hires?

I don't think you'll get the app into "find a bike" mode while one is currently on hire to you.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Cliché alert..."Rainy Manchester"...bloke cycling with a proper rain cape in photo. I've never see
Unless I'm very much mistaken that's Ms Pidd going the other way in the photo.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cliché alert..."Rainy Manchester"...bloke cycling with a proper rain cape in photo. I've never seen anyone with one of those...ever
they're quite popular up the Oxford Road end of town - mainly with older asian cyclists, from what I saw - I used to see quite a few on the Whitworth Park path.

OP
OP
MossCommuter
When you've finished with the bike, do you get penalised if you leave it, for example, on the road, perhaps in a car parking space?
When you join you get 100 points. You earn points for using the bicycles (and other stuff).

They fine you points for doing things wrong.

When your points balance is zero each hire costs £100.

Putting a bicycle on private property or inside or using a personal lock is a 100 point fine.

It does seem that at the moment, and I read in the M.E.N., though, they're preferring a softly softly approach and "educating" offenders.

Seeing lots of these around SE London now.
That's a rival company dumping bikes without even a nod to local authorities
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...ons-streets-as-bikes-vandalised-a3593161.html

obikelondon.jpg

400bhp

Guru
There was one near where I live earlier today, around 7.5 miles south of the city centre in a straight line.:laugh:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There were a couple by the Monument as I was folding up my Brompton to go into the pub this evening. The basket is a good touch, but the rest looks a bit flimsy. In particular, the tyres are no-name jobs which look as if they'll attract punctures on London's streets.

I think the tyres are solid jobbies

Top Bottom