Uber Bikes for Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Didn't find one the other week to get from the station to the office and one back. Not one available in the centre. They are all dumped in the burbs.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I visited a big city in China last week; Shenzhen. I haven't been there for a few years.

Last time I was there, you almost never saw anyone on a bicycle. Big, modern city...nobody rode a bike any more

Fast forward to 2017 and there is a complete transformation. MoBike, and its competitors, have completely saturated the place with bikes. They are....everywhere. Every junction, there were a couple propped up against the wall. And loads of them were being ridden around. The bike hire companies work hard there to bring the bikes back to good locations for hiring out, which is good for customers and good for the hire companies.

It really was an amazing transformation and showed what perhaps the future might look like in major UK cities

clf

Didn't find one the other week to get from the station to the office and one back. Not one available in the centre. They are all dumped in the burbs.

Yep, I can see that happening, last week there was one on my street, a good 6 or 7 miles south of the city centre, god knows who rode it all the way there.

OP
OP
MossCommuter
First hitch encountered

My mobile phone broke so I got a new one and installed the app. I cannot sign in:

Customer support have, so far, not been able to help (but at least they are trying).

OP
OP
MossCommuter
First hitch encountered

My mobile phone broke so I got a new one and installed the app. I cannot sign in:

Customer support have, so far, not been able to help (but at least they are trying).
If you see this error you need to turn WiFi off and try again.

Also if your phone number is 01234 567 890 and you put +44 01234 567 890 (not omitting the leading zero) when you registered then you must always give the leading zero. MoBike will not recognise +44 1234 567 890 as the same number

Clunky but it's sorted

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I'll see your Chorlton and raise you an Urmston
I'll raise you a Timperley and then a Hale Barns!

Top Bottom