UCI and Paul Kimmage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Initial signs are this case has been suspended !
Whoo-hoo !

kedab

Veteran
we'll see if mcquaid steps down in due course i guess but imho both he and verbruggen need to be removed from the sport entirely. clean sweep, big broom, give me a job on the uci, bobs you're uncle :thumbsup:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I can't help wondering if this case won't make it to court given that the USADA evidence will be in the public domain by then and the UCI may have been shown to be corrupt anyway.
You heard it hear first!

Noodley

You heard it hear first!

I was speaking with crax last week on the trip down to Welsh Wales and I put forward the idea that dropping the court action investigating LA et al was part of a plan to get the info into the public domain and hasten LAs downfall. If the court case had continued then it is doubtful that the detail of the case would have ever become public, and certainly would have taken years to become so if it did. By dropping the case then this has allowed USADA to take a different path, with less "proof", and a much quicker outcome. So maybe we should be praising the nobber who decided to drop the case?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Andre Birotte? That's certainly the result Noods but I suspect it wasn't planned that way.
Incidentally, my original quote was referring to the UCI v PK case.

johnr

Über Member
I said somewhere that courts don't like being used. Clearly in the Swiss case, I was wrong. I'm amazed they're allowed to suspend a case just in case an investigation finds out what they've been up to. If I was in Kimmage's shoes, I'd be telling my brief to get before the beaks demanding it either proceed forthwith or gets dropped with an award of costs and damages.

Orbytal

@johnr PK will not do that because he simply is unable to prove the comments. Has anyone got the proof of corruption? NO.

UCI realised that beating PK was just as bad as losing to him so suspended the legal proceedings.

THINK why did Sunday Times sack PK 2 weeks before the case landed? Because UCI advised them it was coming!

IF anyone here has unequivifical proof of corruption send it to PK and if not would YOU proceed?

I personally believe UCI need root and branch reform but I also accept that you dont make comments you cannot substantiate!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
@johnr PK will not do that because he simply is unable to prove the comments. Has anyone got the proof of corruption? NO.

UCI realised that beating PK was just as bad as losing to him so suspended the legal proceedings.

THINK why did Sunday Times sack PK 2 weeks before the case landed? Because UCI advised them it was coming!

IF anyone here has unequivifical proof of corruption send it to PK and if not would YOU proceed?

I personally believe UCI need root and branch reform but I also accept that you dont make comments you cannot substantiate!
Everyone and his brother has openly accused the UCI, PM and HV of being corrupt. No action was taken against any publication such as L'Equipe, or individuals such as Tyler H, Greg Lemond and many, many others. You should be asking yourself the question as to why these muppets are picking only on Kimmage.

beastie

Guru

IF anyone here has unequivifical proof of corruption send it to PK and if not would YOU proceed?i

Kimmage was made redundant (along with many months others)before the UCI took him to court.

OP
OP
B

BJH

Über Member
It does seem amazing that having been so self righteous about wanting to take PK to court to punish him for the "malicious" statements made, Big Pat can now decide to suspend his action.

I suspect this was never ever going to court in the first place, just another threat. They must have known this was always going to be on dodgy ground because in the current circumstances, PK will probably see a few more people be willing to come out and/or tell him some more information which would further embarrass the UCI.

Do the right thing Pat - accept that nothing can move on while you guys are still in control. If you love cycling, you know its the only option so save any last shred of your dignity and go.

Top Bottom