UCI and Paul Kimmage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
well there you go - i always thought it was towed !
I thought you thought it was toad:laugh:

thom

____
Stories about Nike being involved in UCI corruption - $500,000 payment at time of Verbruggen ?

USADA’s explosive “reasoned decision” has focused new attention on people who have claimed for years that the cyclist’s success was fueled by performance-enhancing drugs – critics who found themselves threatened by Armstrong and his lawyers and marginalized in the media. One of those critics is Kathy Lemond, the wife of American cyclist Greg Lemond, who testified under oath during a 2006 deposition that Nike paid former UCI president Hein Verbruggen $500,000 to cover up a positive drug test.

Stories about Nike being involved in UCI corruption - $500,000 payment at time of Verbruggen ?

USADA’s explosive “reasoned decision” has focused new attention on people who have claimed for years that the cyclist’s success was fueled by performance-enhancing drugs – critics who found themselves threatened by Armstrong and his lawyers and marginalized in the media. One of those critics is Kathy Lemond, the wife of American cyclist Greg Lemond, who testified under oath during a 2006 deposition that Nike paid former UCI president Hein Verbruggen $500,000 to cover up a positive drug test.
Chapeau, Thom, you just keep coming up with the goods. :thumbsup:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
I will definatly be following the case with great interest.

they have to continue with the action as to withdraw it would scream that they are trying to hide something, if it continues something will come out that may show them in a bad light.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Should we just merge this with the Amrstrong thread? It's basically running on an entirely parrallel course now...

thom

____
Should we just merge this with the Amrstrong thread? It's basically running on an entirely parrallel course now...
I prefer not myself - the LA thread is destined to be an undirected discussion, emotive and ill informed - perhaps there is much overlap and the info is related but I think the Kimmage case and information pertaining to UCI corruption is deserving and sufficiently different to the LA speculation that it is nice to have a filter from it.

thom

____
I know. I also invited those certain people to contribute to my how to reform the UCI thread and there has still been nothing...
indeed, a running joke really.
To be fair, the LA issue is just a seductive ballooning schmorgasbord of a speculation and misinformation, pickled with this cancer story. You can't force people to share your interpretation of the complexity on an internet forum and there's no glory in winning a debate about it on cyclechat !
Best they make up their own minds.

Top Bottom