UCI Road World Championships Doha 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There's not a lot that David Millar hasn't expected, as he constantly reminds us. Especially with the benefit of hindsight...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There's not a lot that David Millar hasn't expected, as he constantly reminds us. Especially with the benefit of hindsight...
All commentators make goofs but this group is better than many, although I'd prefer Hatch or Boulting to Brotherton.

But shush or they might hire P&P or Porter! How many times would he gave said status quo by now? :wacko:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I think that i have never seen a more boring world championship than this years. The course in the middle of a desert was non descript, the racing in all classes was boring and the level of support was frankly nil. Did the UCI take the money for what it was worth and pocket the cash? If this is taking world cycling out of Europe and the other players around the world to showcase the sport, I think they have failed miserably.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think that i have never seen a more boring world championship than this years. The course in the middle of a desert was non descript, the racing in all classes was boring and the level of support was frankly nil. Did the UCI take the money for what it was worth and pocket the cash? If this is taking world cycling out of Europe and the other players around the world to showcase the sport, I think they have failed miserably.
Well, there was that moment during the sandstorm when a rider's front wheel appeared to simply take off, dumping him unceremoniously on his coccyx. I don't know who he was but he got back on his bike again, which suggests that he at least was keen.

But, yes, not an advert for the sport in any way.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
upload_2016-10-17_9-59-57.png

Three of the modern-day greats on one podium

mjr

Well, there was that moment during the sandstorm when a rider's front wheel appeared to simply take off, dumping him unceremoniously on his coccyx. I don't know who he was but he got back on his bike again, which suggests that he at least was keen.
Brayan Ramirez (Colombia), from the early breakaway. He never quite caught the front group again and did not finish. :sad:

mjr

Ah, thanks. Have you ever seen anything like that happen before?
Never. The flat lands are notorious for winds, but they're not as chaotic as those sandstorms looked. Any wind-induced falls I've seen have been when racers emerge from behind some shelter (buildings, earth banks...) and get side-slammed by a gust, sometimes into the rider alongside.

Top Bottom