Ugh - least favourite time of year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
, unless you get wet, then you wish you'd put a base layer on.

Yeah, but what are the chances of that????

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
It's so easy in the summer - just put on shorts ands a jersey and off I go. Doesn't matter where or in which direction, I know it's gonna be warm. Now every day it just feels cold. What to wear? Short finger gloves, long finger? Long sleeve base layer or short sleeve with arm warmers? Tights or leg warmers? Helmet liner? Which helmet liner? Bigger pair of shoes with thicker socks? Shoe covers? Jacket or vest? How much of this stuff am I gonna have to remove later? Where to go? How windy is it? I know some people prefer this time of year - but give me the heat any day...
With you. My motivation is going down with the temperature.

Slick

Guru
There's no way I'd ride in artic conditions, although I don't mind some wind and treat any amount of rain as just another edge to the challenge. I do agree that this time of year can be awkward, as most morning's I'm looking for tights, jacket and fingered gloves, although the ride home I really want my shorts and just a shirt. That been said, it's no real drama.

stalagmike

Enormous member
I go base layer pretty much all year round. It helps with the 'sweat management'. Then I just have long or short sleeve Jersey on top. Until we get to this sort of weather and I put a windstopper over the base layer and leave it at that. Legs-wise I just have shorts mostly. Have got some bib longs from decathlon but haven't really had cause to wear them much yet. I use a buff to keep my neck warm if it's single figures out.

bpsmith

Veteran
Absolutely agree with base layer all year round. It’s generally a mesh one. Amazing how it wicks the sweat and transfers it away from the skin to jersey and beyond.

It’s difficult to get your head around being cooler by wearing more...until you try it for the first time.

Top Bottom