Uh Oh. Snapped Off A Hex Key In A Bolt Head.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
Are you at a stage where you bite the bullet and just buy a replacement from mech.
I've got it out now and replaced it with a slightly longer machine screw which allows the head to remain slightly protruded at the tight end of the travel range.

I used superglue and an electrical screwdriver (quite a few times) to ease the old screw out far enough to get a pair of pointy nosed pliers on the head and fully extract it.

I reckon the only reason Shimano use such a short screw is aesthetics. There's no logical engineering reason to make an adjuster screw so small.

1617344309925.png

I've got it out now and replaced it with a slightly longer machine screw which allows the head to remain slightly protruded at the tight end of the travel range.

I used superglue and an electrical screwdriver (quite a few times) to ease the old screw out far enough to get a pair of pointy nosed pliers on the head and fully extract it.

I reckon the only reason Shimano use such a short screw is aesthetics. There's no logical engineering reason to make an adjuster screw so small.

View attachment 581848
I'm glad of the successful outcome ! I can let my fingernails grow now !

Top Bottom