Uh Oh. Snapped Off A Hex Key In A Bolt Head.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The thread is becoming ham fisted like its owner 😂

There will be more "Seasons" than the Simpsons !

Season Page 13 so far :whistle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The OP

wid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQiLCJoZWlnaHQiOiI8PTc2OCJ9XV19.png

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Ãœber Member
Unless I've missed something, you've not updated us with the result...
I disconnected the front mech cable and tried turning the screw out and managed about a quarter of a turn before the glue gave up. I could probably extract the screw completely if I repeated the exercise another 30 times.

I refitted the front mech cable and tensioned it by hand. Not quite right the first time so I un-clamped and did it again. Bang on 2nd time around.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Are you at a stage where you bite the bullet and just buy a replacement front mech?
Think we've established that's not an option as once @Lovacott has set his way ahead, no amount of advice deflects him from it. And also, this b*****y screw is just adjustment froth on a mech made more complicated for the marketing hell of it: the FD will function perfectly with its little bonus allen key head and glue addition. There is a weight penalty though.

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Ãœber Member
Are you at a stage where you bite the bullet and just buy a replacement from mech.
Seeing as how it's pretty easy to simply tension the cable by hand and get it right, I can't see the point in trashing a brand new mech?

Top Bottom