Uh Oh. Snapped Off A Hex Key In A Bolt Head.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I reckon the broken off end bit will just fall out (irrespective of a nail araldited to it) when the cable is unbolted and the tension off. But OP doesn't wan't to release the clamp: it's set just right - I know the feeling.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Monetizing this stuff. It's always difficult to achieve that, given all the effort put in. Although had you considered a small dividend payout for every suggestion made and treble for any advice you actually acted on?

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
I reckon the broken off end bit will just fall out (irrespective of a nail araldited to it) when the cable is unbolted and the tension off. But OP doesn't wan't to release the clamp: it's set just right - I know the feeling.
I'm only doing this because I find it a bit of a challenge and I am like a dog with a bone when faced with a challenge.

Regardless of whether or not I restore the adjustment screw to working order, I'm still going to fit an inline barrel adjuster.

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
Monetizing this stuff. It's always difficult to achieve that, given all the effort put in. Although had you considered a small dividend payout for every suggestion made and treble for any advice you actually acted on?
Maybe if I posted the updates from Dubai whilst sat next to a swimming pool?

Then I could also get onto the side column of the "Mail Online" with all those other influencers showing their bums for cash.

Or I could ask Oprah to pay me a couple of mill for a two hour special?

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
The Adjustment Screw: Revenge of the Hex. (Or When Harry and Ally Got Pally)

A dystopian sci fi future where the tools take over the Earth. Watch society’s wheels fall off as the world’s nuts loosen. Scream in horror as governments topple, all for the wont of a decent stainless spring washer ( though some would have it that washers are an unnecessary element of a threaded fixing and actually help in loosening over time.). Will our hero’s glue dry hard? Can civilisation be saved by Harold Ite?

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
I was thinking more along the lines of a 62 episode Netflix box set about a disillusioned bloke in his fifties taking to cycling and realising that it's not as easy as he thought it would be. He then goes on to drag his entire family into it by leaving bike parts and oily fingerprints all over the place.

"Breaking Hex".

There could be a spin off or two. "Better Call Halfords" would be the prequel.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Scroll back on here for your woes and learnings and you have a first series in the (saddle) bag.

geocycle

Legendary Member

A dystopian sci fi future where the tools take over the Earth. Watch society’s wheels fall off as the world’s nuts loosen. Scream in horror as governments topple, all for the wont of a decent stainless spring washer ( though some would have it that washers are an unnecessary element of a threaded fixing and actually help in loosening over time.). Will our hero’s glue dry hard? Can civilisation be saved by Harold Ite?

Will Alan Key put in a reappearance or will Insane Bolt hold on?

Chislenko

Veteran
You could attach something to it with Solvite wallpaper paste them pull it out, it must be strong as I recall they used to paste a bloke to a wooden board and suspend him from a plane back in the day.

Top Bottom