Uh Oh. Snapped Off A Hex Key In A Bolt Head.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kynikos

Veteran
You tease, you...

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
You’re losing us mate. You’re losing us. I had set today aside for the reveal. Cancelled everything else, including lunch with Charlize Theron (no biggie, really - I’ll see her next week) for The Bolt Stub.

But no. You’re not happy with your glue.

i ask you.

Hovering over ignore here. :angry:

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
We’re no exactly glued to this thread are we? He’s needs to get us to bond with the thread.
The Araldite didn't harden up properly (probably not enough hardener in the mix). I've re-applied with a greater hardener to adhesive ratio.

I know it's not as good as the season three ending of Ozark, but it's the best I could come up with.

1615194353195.png

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
Cancelled everything else, including lunch with Charlize Theron (no biggie, really - I’ll see her next week).
Last time I had lunch with Charlize was in the local spoons just before the first lockdown.

She's an expensive date, opting for the £5.49 big breakfast when I was hoping she'd go for the £2.99 maple syrup pancakes. On the plus side, she didn't ask me to pay her bus fare back to the train station so I was only 80 pence over budget.

The cheapest date though has to be that Angelina Jolie. Being a veggie, she's happy with a fruit bag from Maccas although it's a bit off putting being stalked by psycho Brad Pitt when you're in the local co-op picking up a loaf of own brand wholemeal bread for breakfast toast.

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
How/why is a long story, but my brother once "accidentally" drilled a hole in his car engine block. JB Coldweld did the trick. 1st attempt with araldite wasn't so good.
Araldite is great if you get the mix bang on but not so great if you don't.

If you add in too much hardener, it becomes very brittle, not enough and it's like partially dried chewing gum.

For my purposes, I should have gone for the "brittle" mix.

I was thinking more along the lines of a 62 episode Netflix box set about a disillusioned bloke in his fifties taking to cycling and realising that it's not as easy as he thought it would be. He then goes on to drag his entire family into it by leaving bike parts and oily fingerprints all over the place.

"Breaking Hex".

There could be a spin off or two. "Better Call Halfords" would be the prequel.
Perhaps you could get a knighthood !

Top Bottom