UK;s Toughest Hills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
saw this on another forum im on was titled londons toughest hills but seeing cc is national its for everyone

so name em

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
"London's toughest hills"...snigger! Down here, Porlock, and Lynmouth Hill would figure.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur

Well-known to riders of the Kidderminster Killer. Made more difficult by the narrowness and impatient motorists.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Well-known to riders of the Kidderminster Killer. Made more difficult by the narrowness and impatient motorists.
After seeing them at the rest stop in Longden I took a shorter route up onto the top of the Long Mynd. Those who overtook me on Cothercott Hill and passed me again at Boiling Well did not seem a happy bunch.:becool:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
lool yyeah well what can we do?
Oh, it's whatever you're used to. If you live in flat lands, your perception of hills will be different.

sean8997

MEKK Poggio 3.5 & Merida Cyclocross 3
The Garth hill near Llangollen is prety tasty, knacked me when I did the Etape Cymru last year

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Nothing down south compares with most of you guys, but the steep side of Oakford hill, Bulbarrow and spreadeagle hill are the 3 biggies around here. I've done 2, just plucking up the legs for the 3rd

Globalti

Legendary Member
My nightmare hill has always been Rawson's Raike, in Ramsbottom. On an MTB you can climb the tarmac road then get a short break before continuing on a steep narrow lane right to the Peel Tower. I've watched a hill-climb there and seen roadies arrive at the top and barf up.

Top Bottom