Ultegra 6800 chain + cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
What has the chainset got to do with anything that has been discussed in this thread until you brought it up a couple of posts ago?
You would do better if you read what was posted. Please return to page 3 and read the 4th post down in it's entirety.

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
You would do better if you read what was posted. Please return to page 3 and read the 4th post down in it's entirety.
I take it that Dan went back to climb Bwlch with a lower ratio gearing in order to go up the hill faster. (Putting asside chainring ratio as he never said he changed it between go's at the hill where he clearly states he did go for a lower sprocket)

If your not reading what Dan has said the same as I have understood it then we'll never agree or even be thinking about it the same way.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions

uclown2002

Guru

uclown2002

Guru
Not sure what we are supposed to infer from one rider's choice of gearing on a steep hill, especially as we still don't know what gear inches he was turning. It also doesn't correlate that everyone needs the same.

Some of the info in this link is quite interessting though: http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/dan-evans-national-hill-climb-winning-bike-141436
@huwsparky has gone all quiet now.

OP
OP
huwsparky

huwsparky

Über Member
Anyway. Would you two mind me having a look at your Strava profiles so I can see weather your a pair of wannabes or weather you can actually ride? Always makes me wonder when I read threads like these.

Thanks in advance @Citius @T.M.H.N.E.T

Kbrook

Veteran
Back to the chain issue, I clean mine regularly and easily get 3000 miles out of it. Didn't realise others changed it so regularly. I have just changed the chain on my mates bike, it is still on the original chain and it's a 2009 Giant Defy and he uses it very regularly, easily 150 miles a week, most weeks. Dread to think how any miles on that chain, I would guess 10000 +

He didn't even want it changing but I was putting on a new front deraileur and I told him I may as well do it at the same time.

Do you guys change just as a matter of routine or when an issue arises?

Top Bottom