Uncomfortable Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sorry ment Coccyx,

Have had a look at my saddle and there is no sliding available, bike is over 20yrs old as is the same bike I was riding before without too much trouble.
Would a bent seat post help to move it back?
Can you get a modern seat post with more adjustment for the saddle rails (and maybe a new saddle?). Some layback may help if the bike is too small

OP
OP
mdk1

mdk1

Can you get a modern seat post with more adjustment for the saddle rails (and maybe a new saddle?). Some layback may help if the bike is too small

I could, but was hoping not to spend too much money, as my job is on the line at the mo, otherwise I would have just bought myself a new modern bike!
The one I'm riding at the mo was only bought to get us through a few weeks holiday 25 yrs ago! So possibly due a change.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Going by your avatar the position on the bike is very upright, and with your lengthy break and gaining of a few kilos that is ultimately going to be the cause of the coccyx issue. This is going to transfer more weight to the saddle rather than forward of it + there's more weight to begin with.

ps: bicycle saddles really aren't weight bearing nor are any magic tingly creams going to help

vickster

Legendary Member
I could, but was hoping not to spend too much money, as my job is on the line at the mo, otherwise I would have just bought myself a new modern bike!
The one I'm riding at the mo was only bought to get us through a few weeks holiday 25 yrs ago! So possibly due a change.
Put a post in wanted in the classifieds. Someone may have a spare they’d pass on for postage or maybe a couple of beer tokens / few quid to charity

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Looking at your bike, the saddle is quite forward. Is the seat clamp facing forward?
If it is, it should be at the rear of the seat post. That would automatically take the saddle back quite a bit.

OP
OP
mdk1

mdk1

Thanks for the replies, I will take the saddle off and see if I can swap the seat clamp round, from a quick look the other day it didn't seem like it could be, but will have another look.
Still may have a little more time if my job goes to be able to shift the excess baggage I have gained over the years!!

Top Bottom