Unexpected prostate exam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had that done twice first docs and then hospital quite interesting experience.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The single biggest killer of men over the age of fifty. My GP didn't even want me to have the exam, when I returned to see another doctor she got me to answer a questionnaire and considered it wasn't necessary.

compo

Veteran
My last test was done by a rather gorgeous female GP. I found it quite embarrassing even though I know full well I have nothing of interest to her. Next time I will ensure I have a male doctor though.

When I lived in Leiston my neighbour thought he was having problems. He had a PSA test and a physical exam and was reassured all was well He died 7 months later from prostate cancer.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

postman

Legendary Member
Nowt to it lads.Few weeks ago i had a Colonoscopy,finger, no a camera.Then last week a finger ,now on pills and sleeping better,my prostate is swollen and pressing on my bladder.So far so good.I am sleeping and only waking once a night at the moment.Hoping by three weeks to go through the night without waking up.
So lads drop 'em and don't be afraid there is nothing to fear.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Jack Dee recounted a similar tale. His advice was don't go into the doctor's wearing a suit as it's extra undignified to be bent over a table with your trousers down but still wearing a suit jacket.

He then started thinking - "how do I know this chap's really the doctor?" "for all I know, he could be the photocopier salesman" ....

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Jack Dee recounted a similar tale. His advice was don't go into the doctor's wearing a suit as it's extra undignified to be bent over a table with your trousers down but still wearing a suit jacket.

He then started thinking - "how do I know this chap's really the doctor?" "for all I know, he could be the photocopier salesman" ....

Surely he would get you to sit on the photocopier for a picture

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Don't try to joke with them, in my experience they have no sense of humour.

Presumably because they have heard all the jokes before ad nauseum?

Similarly when being given endoscopy results don't suggest they splice the footage to your previous colonoscopy to create a complete drive through...

When I had that, I got to lie and watch it all on the screen. I was fascinated, and am glad I got to see it before it was removed!

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Nowt to it lads.Few weeks ago i had a Colonoscopy,finger, no a camera.Then last week a finger ,now on pills and sleeping better,my prostate is swollen and pressing on my bladder.So far so good.I am sleeping and only waking once a night at the moment.Hoping by three weeks to go through the night without waking up.
So lads drop 'em and don't be afraid there is nothing to fear.

Colonoscopy: I've had a camera down the throat, that was horrible but mainly for my gag reflex, I'm hoping the other end wouldn't have a fart reflex.

GWS, Fingers crossed will be next for you everything settles down

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Agree with the serious posts on here too. A work pal of mine has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, big op last week & we dont expect to see him for months in work. Checking and being reassured is worth it for a slightly awkward moment.

Top Bottom