Unusual place for a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
I was looking through some old photos the other day and came across this.
It made me wonder if anyone else has photos of their bikes in unusual locations.
The photo was taken at the top of the Transporter bridge in Middlesbrough. The bridge has a clearance of 225 ft and the catwalk shown is only accessible via a very steep stairway from ground level.

image0.jpg

boromoose

heard lots of tales of people taking their bikes over to port clarence to get to work when the bridge was stopped due to wind or fog
this was of course when the bridge had stairs at both ends

tyred

Legendary Member
At the south sea light house on Rathlin Island. I followed a sign post for the lighthouse and the road turned from nice tarmac to loose gravel to a muddy tractor path across a field to a 3' wide concrete walkway over the rocks. Only about 7 miles but an interesting journey on a road bike. An MTB would have been better.

10015989103_592a0a1a10.jpg
Rathlin - South Lighthouse
by braveheart1979, on Flickr

10015908405_3a0a2261d1.jpg

At the south sea light house on Rathlin Island. I followed a sign post for the lighthouse and the road turned from nice tarmac to loose gravel to a muddy tractor path across a field to a 3' wide concrete walkway over the rocks. Only about 7 miles but an interesting journey on a road bike. An MTB would have been better.

10015989103_592a0a1a10.jpg

10015908405_3a0a2261d1.jpg
I cycled down there a couple of years ago and had a picnic watching the seals.

snorri

Legendary Member
I cycled down there a couple of years ago and had a picnic watching the seals.
I cycled down there too a few years ago. Thought I would remind myself on Google streetview, but it looks as if their driver got nervous when the tarred road turned rough and he stopped.:sad:

Top Bottom