Unusual virus at Christmas.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
For the last 2 days I’ve been exuasted, head aches and my skin feels really tender all over from my head to my stomach area. I remember been unwell many years ago and I had the same weird feeling all over my skin.
Has anybody else had this? It must be some lame virus. Just interested to find out how the skin feels so sensitive if there’s any medical people amongst c.c.
Everyone is smashing out 100 rides and I’m left laying down helpless.

vickster

Legendary Member
My skin always gets very sensitive if I have a fever. How's your temperature? Does paracetamol help?
It's probably a virus as you say, thus there's nothing much you can do except wait it out

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
My t shirt rubs my belly and it feels awful. I’m a tiny bit warmer than normal. Popping to the paracetamol now. :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
My t shirt rubs my belly and it feels awful. I’m a tiny bit warmer than normal. Popping to the paracetamol now. :smile:
Do you have any sort of rash or burning feeling? Could be shingles if so and not a lame virus. See Dr tomorrow to get checked. What is your temperature?

Reactions: gbb

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
For the last 2 days I’ve been exuasted, head aches and my skin feels really tender all over from my head to my stomach area. I remember been unwell many years ago and I had the same weird feeling all over my skin.
Has anybody else had this? It must be some lame virus. Just interested to find out how the skin feels so sensitive if there’s any medical people amongst c.c.
Everyone is smashing out 100 rides and I’m left laying down helpless.
I would suggest seeing a doctor if it's an unusual illnesss

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5092558, member: 9609"]could be serious - have you had any contact with anyone from Sierra Leone / West Africa recently?[/QUOTE]
Or a child (with chicken pox)...which frankly is far worse

gbb

Legendary Member
Do you have any sort of rash or burning feeling? Could be shingles if so and not a lame virus. See Dr tomorrow to get checked. What is your temperature?
Seconded.
Yup, shingles is a real nasty one, I've had it twice and seriously sensitive skin is a good Indicator. It's like even a breath of air on your skin is painful...and of couse a general feeling of unwellness.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I googled shingles. My temp is 38.5 so not that bad. No rash. No motivation. Might be better in time for work :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5092588, member: 9609"]than ebola ?[/QUOTE]
Maybe a child with ebola

vickster

Legendary Member
I googled shingles. My temp is 38.5 so not that bad. No rash. No motivation. Might be better in time for work :sad:
Don't rush back to work. It could well be flu. Did you get jabbed?

I don't recall having a temp with shingles, did feel rotten though for a few weeks. I had the burning and a fairly limited rash but I was only in my mid 20s and saw the Dr quickly and for a course of anti viral meds which limited the disease and the post herpetic neuralgia thankfully

Last edited:
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Don't rush back to work. It could well be flu. Did you get jabbed?

I don't recall having a temp with shingles, did feel rotten though for a few weeks. I had the burning and a fairly limited rash but I was only in my mid 20s and saw the Dr quickly and for a course of anti viral meds which limited the disease and the post herpetic neuralgia thankfully
I refuse to have flu jabs. They can make you ill.

Top Bottom