Unusual virus at Christmas.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
In the house. I don’t like going near people anyway. A few days I should be back in the saddle.
Not if you've got flu or shingles...;)

postman

Legendary Member
Don't worry.This time of year it could be Shingle bells.Take two mince pies and a large brandy every four hours for a week.By then you won't give a hoot what it is.

gbb

Legendary Member
I refuse to have flu jabs. They can make you ill.
Actually it pains me to say it can. But that shouldn't allow you to disregard one if it were the best thing in the long run.
I had one a few years ago and felt like I had 24 hour flu the next day, couldnt even get out of bed. I incorrectly convinced myself the jab had given me the flu which of course it didnt, i either took a reaction to it (it does happen, i was told it could by the pharmacist)...or I just happened to get a virus at the same time.

That said I had another jab this year (only my second ever). Having had a load of lung problems and hearing about the Australian flu...i thought I'd even put up with a day feeling bad for the protection. Guess what...no side effects whatsoever this time :okay:

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Actually it pains me to say it can. But that shouldn't allow you to disregard one if it were the best thing in the long run.
I had one a few years ago and felt like I had 24 hour flu the next day, couldnt even get out of bed. I incorrectly convinced myself the jab had given me the flu which of course it didnt, i either took a reaction to it (it does happen, i was told it could by the pharmacist)...or I just happened to get a virus at the same time.

That said I had another jab this year (only my second ever). Having had a load of lung problems and hearing about the Australian flu...i thought I'd even put up with a day feeling bad for the protection. Guess what...no side effects whatsoever this time :okay:
There’s even a pneumonia jab you can have. No thanks.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Did you miss the word 'incorrectly' in @gbb post?

Feeling better now? Back in the saddle now a few days have passed?
I still have the strange skin but no rash. Tired but managed a 6 mile run.

Duffy

Über Member
When’s his funeral?
Since he never liked being near people there’ll be plenty space at the graveside!

;)

Drago

Legendary Member
I have an annual flu jab. Not because I'm a woos (although I am), but because I try to avoid infecting Mrs D, for who it would be all the worse.

The jab isn't a live culture, so can't make you Ill. However, it forces your immune system to behave as if it were fighting an infection and thus learn how to fight it for real next time, so its not unusual to get slight sniffles or a mildly runny nose, but it won't make you icky. Indeed, the sore injection site is the worst bit.

Duffy

Über Member
I’ve had it every year since being diagnosed with AF, never had any problems (or the flu) since
Be daft not to have it from my point of view

Top Bottom