Upcycling/recycling inner tubes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Had a bad spate of punctures? Can't see where the patches end and what's left of the tube begins? Got enough old tubes to address your frame protection or rubber band creation needs? Need a good place to dispose of your surplus?

You might consider passing them on to 'Cycle for Good,' a good cause who will be happy to upcycle them on your behalf. You can send the tubes by post, see if there's a convenient local drop off point, or if you're going to the Sept. Cycle Show, drop them off there.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I struggle to find enough busted tubes, despite there being 10.5 bikes in the stable. I have to cut some down for frame protection in my bike racks...

Slick

Guru
I must admit, I do have quite a few lying at the back of the garage, and my Lbs is on your map as a drop off point so no excuse really.

classic33

Leg End Member
Had a bad spate of punctures? Can't see where the patches end and what's left of the tube begins? Got enough old tubes to address your frame protection or rubber band creation needs? Need a good place to dispose of your surplus?

You might consider passing them on to 'Cycle for Good,' a good cause who will be happy to upcycle them on your behalf. You can send the tubes by post, see if there's a convenient local drop off point, or if you're going to the Sept. Cycle Show, drop them off there.
I've over 15 stone of them left. Seven stone were rolled away earlier this year.

@fossyant, assuming it's not the bust one, how did you manage to get half a bike?

OP
OP
IaninSheffield

IaninSheffield

Veteran
The half is a tag a long I need to sell.

Anyone want a pretty mint Trek 6 speed tag a long..... not been used for years but looked after.....
Aw, and here was I expecting it to be a unicycle ;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I make my own rubber bands from them, referred to as ranger bands.
That's a very good idea, which I hadn't thought of! I'll make some next time I scrap a tube. Obviously, bands can be made by cutting across the width of a tube (MTB tubes would be good for longer ones made that way), but bands of arbitrary length could be made by cutting strips along the length of a tube and then joining the ends with a reef knot.

Mind you, our local postal workers drop so many used rubber bands on the streets round here that I don't really need more!

Top Bottom