**UPDATE TO **UPDATE** Help please. Is my inherited bike too big?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Thanks for all your help with this.

I went to Dave Mellor Cycles today, our better lbs and they thought immediately it would be fine so I had a bike fit. Everything good and they just had to flip stem and I'm going to change the bars from a 44cn to a 42. Here are some pics
Looks fine to me, young man... Enjoy your rides, and on those lovely, sunny days in the country, think of your FIL and say a little "thanks".

You'll even be carrying bits of his DNA in the bar tape, so he'll be on the ride too, in more than just spirit :smile:

My FIL has a De Rosa... I think I might wind up with that soon, but thankfully he's in rude health generally (but his knees aren't).

Impossible! Dangerous! Sell it and buy something else! It can't be done! :wacko:

Oh - a minor tweak, and it fits ...! :laugh:

You too Mr Smarty Pants :laugh:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
My most comfortable bikes are both 57's, which I use for longer rides, I'm 5 ft 11. I have a 55 as well, but that is not great for long rides, it's fitted nicely, but it is really only nice on shorter faster rides.

5ft 11 here also, all my rides measure at 54 as Ive owned and used 56 frames before and ended up purchasing a shorter stem as I felt stretched out.

Peoples height has nothing to do with what size frame you should ride as said above

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
5ft 11 here also, all my rides measure at 54 as Ive owned and used 56 frames before and ended up purchasing a shorter stem as I felt stretched out.

Peoples height has nothing to do with what size frame you should ride as said above
I'm somewhere round 5' 11" to 6' (depending on the weather), my BTwin is a 57, my Cube and my Apollo are 58's. No adjustment needed on any of them other than moving the seat post.

What does this prove? Nothing really, other than there are so many variables, both in bikes and people, that you can never give a truly definitive answer.

Top Bottom