US singer and actress Whitney Houston dies aged 48

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Hi Cookiemonster, sorry to be so insensetive, but dope fiends who top themselves get no sympathy from me. Had she died in an accident then maybe.Anyway i didn't know the woman nor was she related to me so why should i feel for her.I lost a mate in '78, blown to bits by a PIRA car bomb, now there was someone you should have shed tears for.But i doubt if you ever heard of Cpl R. Miller, 42Cdo. So why the **** should i give a toss about some smackhead????

I'll respect your pov, I don't agree with all of it but i see where you ar coming from.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
After you've got so much money, what is there to living? Once you've done everything you want to do that you can buy with it, what's left to give you that thrill... happiness, family, love- can't buy them [well you can but there'd always be that doubt that it wasn't real].

That's why I'm not bothered if I never win a boatload of money... a shedload would be OK mind.... or even just a bucketful.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
If Witney Houston was taking any prescription drugs at the time, then the doctor responsible for prescribing them will be quaking in his boots at the thought of the impending involentary manslaughter trial that is bound to follow.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
A sad loss and follows a long list of female singers who went long before their time such as Edith Piaf, Billi Holiday, Janis Joplin, Tammy Winette, Dusty Springfield and Amy Winehouse.

Linford

I think some of the comments are a bit uncharitable. You don't judge a skater by the falls they have, but the brilliance and qualities they bring in the performance.

As others have said, she was a very hard working performer who got sucked in by the lifestyle and free flowing of drink and drugs as many other performers do - it is a tough old game, even at the top.

I've got a good mate who is a professional guitarist, and when everybody is buying you a drink, it is difficult to say no. He has been a chronic alcholic for years, but a lovely person.

Peteaud

Veteran
Every year some "star" pops their clogs well before they should have, its been happening for decades and will never stop.

All these x factor wannabees, show them pics of Whitney houston, Elvis, Jacko, Winehouse, etc etc before and after the drugs, would it stop the hunger for fame, i doubt it.

didnt like her music, but to young at 48

col

Legendary Member
One of her songs marked a chapter in my life in the 80's. We all loved the bodyguard too. Sad loss, though I felt the same when Freddie mercury died. There have been others, and each time its saddening to think the makers of those life landmarks have died, sort of makes it a personal loss in a small way. If you know what I mean?:sad:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
well, it's not all bad news. Sony raised the price of her music on iTunes! Capitalism at its finest.

Berlinbybike

Stuff like this makes you think.

Some of the comments in this thread make me despair. Especially the one suggesting a soldier killed in action more-or-less asked for it by joining the army. It doesn't matter whether we knew the deceased or not, a little sensitivity goes a long way to helping us believe we are civilised. Someone dying before their time should be a warning to us all, and not an opportunity to pass judgement.

Top Bottom