Use of electric bikes by younger people.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
I think you know what i mean.
Without effort I suppose you mean, think that depends on the local terrain, often on hills it can be a case that you as the rider seem to be assisting the motor rather than motor assisting the rider
Then there is the issue of range and saving the battery for when it is actually needed.

D

Deleted member 26715

I think you know what i mean.
No actually I don't, I come back off mine as wasted as I do if I ride my other bike, I just have gone further at a faster average speed, there seems to be a lot of myths in the minds of the naysayers, most of whom appear never to have ridden one.

No actually I don't, I come back off mine as wasted as I do if I ride my other bike, I just have gone further at a faster average speed, there seems to be a lot of myths in the minds of the naysayers, most of whom appear never to have ridden one.
good for you.

Without effort I suppose you mean, think that depends on the local terrain, often on hills it can be a case that you as the rider seem to be assisting the motor rather than motor assisting the rider
Then there is the issue of range and saving the battery for when it is actually needed.
no i don't mean without effort - I realise that you have to use the pedals to let the thing kick in.

Drago

Legendary Member
A reasonable balanced post drago.
Well, you know me Mr H. I'm the very model of reasonableness and common sense :whistle:

Don't get me wrong, I think ebikes are a great invention, and I'd sooner see one of those on the road than a car with 4 empty seats, it's just that every coin has 2 sides and some people get so close to the positives they can't see past that to the downsides.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
We have Beryl hire bikes where I live. I've been using them a lot- even though I have four bikes of my own. Good to ride to the station (pre-Covid when I'd regularly use the West Coast mainline) without any security worries. Often I'll be doing a regular walking journey and I take a bike because riding is easier and quicker. Great for using the awful local infrastructure during mud season when I don't want to have to clean my own bike (which is all of the time)

Today I hired an e-bike (an extra £1)

THEY ARE THE GREATEST I WENT UPHILL IN TOP GEAR

Love this post - sadly not read it all, lost the will to live 😂
Shame the OP was ‘toned down’! Would like to have read the original. It’s always great to hear people spouting absolute crap!

Top Bottom