Use of electric bikes by younger people.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Not enough police to enforce car laws, how the hell do you think they are going to have time to enforce scooter/ebike laws. even when you automate car tax and mots, people still drive around without them as they still know there is little chance of being caught..........

So you are saying just because you believe others frequently break the law with regard to other motor vehicles then you condone E-bikers for doing so as well. How about you just comply with the law?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So you are saying just because you believe others frequently break the law with regard to other motor vehicles then you condone E-bikers for doing so as well. How about you just comply with the law?
I do comply with the law.........both my ebikes are fully in compliance with the laws within the UK

Zipp2001

Veteran

Attachments

• bikemanforu2.png
    bikemanforu2.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 7

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I see no apology for your comment???

D

Deleted member 26715

So you are saying just because you believe others frequently break the law with regard to other motor vehicles then you condone E-bikers for doing so as well.
Did he, where, not in the post you quoted

al78

Guru
It allows people to enjoy some of the benefits of cycling without busting a gut on hills and in headwinds.

Perhaps some people should lose the militancy and view cycliing as a utility or leisure activity, not a religion with hardwired rules that people are treated as outcasts for non conforming. We have enough BS irrational tribal mentality in the world.

Drago

Legendary Member
Or it allows people to waste excessive natural resources, rare earth minerals and electricity, when a little more effort is all that's needed to take them into that headwind.

Or it allows people to cycle into a headwind while avoiding one of the biggest benefits of cycling, maximal exercise. Leaving aside injury, infirmity or illness, the only reason people avoid strenuous exercise is laziness, and society at large pays the price for that.

It may seem innocent, even desirable (and compared to cars it most assuredly is) but nothing is completely beneficial and without consequence. I don't have an issue with legal ebike use, but I don't kid myself that its is completely without vice either. People ride them for many reasons, not all of them virtuous.

Last edited:
A reasonable balanced post drago.
One of the unspoken reasons why some (i stress some) go for them i am sure is that they are seen as NOW, the latest development, ie, more evolved.
Not too many endorphins in a battery for sure.
Fine for folk who need them (i surely will in time) but best in the meantime to pedal.

Mike_P

Guru
I'll confess to once using my ebike instead of the road bike and that was 7 months ago yesterday when having misread the timings of the UCI women's road race I realised it was a bit too touch and go whether I would get to Norwood Edge in time on the road bike given the almost continuous upgrade route, as it transpired there was a cross head wind on the lesser but nevertheless significant southbound climb to the summit and seeing one road biker struggling a bit more than the rest let him draft appropriately.

Top Bottom