Vacuum Flasks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Stanley travel mug is, in reality, a travel mug sized thermos. Lifetime guarantee, near on indestuctable, and super efficient - ive put coffee in one on a friday lunchtime before rushing out the door to a SAR callout, and it was,still drinkable and hot on sunday morning. They fit in most bottle cages too.

They do several types, but this is the one ypu want for a bottle cage.

View attachment 552277
Stanley flasks are well made work well and are long lasting, ask almost every tradie.

Drago

Legendary Member
Here's mine @PaulSB one of the best bits of kit that I own. Not cheap, but the lifetime guarantee is well regarded and Stanley have a rep for not quibbling.

Im not sure what its capacity is in ML, but its equivalent to two standard mugs of beverage.

Last edited:
Bite the bullet paul, take a small stove, gas cartridge and espresso pot. Or kettle if you prefer tea. And cup of course. Never liked stuff out of flasks.
I can recommend some compact (ish) bits.
See any increased weight as a training aid.
Not sure how that helps with standing still. You might as well wait for a coffee from a shop 😊.

OP - you want a short and stubby flask to minimise heat loss. I doubt that will help it fit in a bottle cage though.

Bar bag maybe ?

Not sure how that helps with standing still. You might as well wait for a coffee from a shop 😊.
Better stronger coffee, faster refills, no need to faff with taking stuff off bike, locking it, covid form filling, possibly being called by tracers. Better scenery, bits of history, stuff to contemplate rather than a steamed up sweaty caff. And you can stop pretty much anywhere you need that caffeine fix. It's amazing how it can revive you when you are on the edge.

Oh and I can munch my own patented energy snack with it or whatever I choose (Lidl wine gums a favourite) rather than an overfancified possibly less energy dense cake.

Last edited:

Brooks

Bought a flask a couple of years ago from Asda, £4 I believe. I started off by putting it in the bottle cage wrapped in an old sock to stop the rattling, but now I put it in my saddlebag.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
@Blue Hills 's post made me think. After a couple hours, tea in a flask tastes a bit, well, crap. The milk I believe doesn't fare well being kept warm too long.
Nescafe make little 3in1 coffee packets which are quite nice. Flask full of hot water and one of these and Bob's your aunties second cousins transvestite uncle.

@Blue Hills 's post made me think. After a couple hours, tea in a flask tastes a bit, well, crap. The milk I believe doesn't fare well being kept warm too long.
Nescafe make little 3in1 coffee packets which are quite nice. Flask full of hot water and one of these and Bob's your aunties second cousins transvestite uncle.

View attachment 552354
sorry vantage - i need to make you think more - I don't hold with those sorts of things - always puts me in mind of my 60s childhood and folk opening tins of veg (new potatoes in a tin!) and various other supposedly modern wonders.
am particularly concerned by the 3in1. What's that all about.
That sort of thing puts me in mind of stuff even before my birth, 50s wonders that proclaim, it's a ****, it's a ****, and it's a **** - ie do nothing very well.
Will try to return later with bits from my set-up.
You are a tea rather than coffee person? Makes things a bit more of a fag but not a lot. ever thought of developing a taste for espresso?

edit - i see your idea is for instant coffee - one merit of your suggested system is that instant coffee is best made with water that is actually a tad less than boiling.

Last edited:
Stanley flasks are well made work well and are long lasting, ask almost every tradie.
I always had the idea that they were just a branding exercise as, of old, I always associate Stanley with quality tools, not culinary accessories. Will give them another look. Stanley drink bits, including I think a spirits flask that looks easy to clean (top totally flips off on a hinge I think) often seem to turn up in the bit of TK Maxx I usually head for (not being a disco bunny) - the oddball tools and mancave interest section.

Top Bottom