Vacuum Flasks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
An elegant solution...

https://www.cafeducycliste.com/en_roe/cycling-flask-500-red.html

Fits well in a bidon holder.
How much? :ohmy::eek::huh:

Pah ! Messing about with flasks....do the right thing and get one of these... View attachment 552355
I have seen the future ... in a "post-COVID" world ...

... and it is a club-run peloton of those things. What fun!!!

"Yes, we're riding 2-a-breast - check your Highway Code, it's allowed. Well you'll just have to take care when overtaking - as required by the law - won't you? OK, bye, nice to meet you!"

I quite like those tinned new potatoes :biggrin:
fark, they still exist?
I imagined that you'd have to go to some regional social history museum to see such things.
Along with tinned carrots.
Boil in the bag beef.
Oranges in tins.
(I believe the americans went so far as to tin entire chickens but the brits baulked at this)

(the only positive thing I can think of with regard to such stuff is that I associate some of them - the tinned potatoes - with happy memories of childhood caravan holidays - but otherwise I see them as a curse on humanity and the planet). Trust to nature and Darwin vantage - pretty damn good at packaging stuff.

An elegant solution...

https://www.cafeducycliste.com/en_roe/cycling-flask-500-red.html

Fits well in a bidon holder.
that's essentially the same as something I got delivered from china for a fiver.
The world is full of idiots.
Yes I think the chinese government beneath contempt, but of course that thing came from china - I'd wager that the superficial branding was actually applied in china as well.
(not having a go at you I stress)
((unless you actually bought one - please tell me/us that you didn't))

edit - I see that it grandstands French - combine cycling and the french language, and unless there is actually a convincing french connection, that essentially broadcasts poncy bullshit. And what's the 1604 about? The high point of european superstition/gullibility?

Last edited:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
fark, they still exist?
I imagined that you'd have to go to some regional social history museum to see such things.
Along with tinned carrots.
Boil in the bag beef.
Oranges in tins.

They do indeed. By various brands too including asda/morrisons/tesco etc own branding.
Tinned carrots? Yep. Boil in the bag beef? Yep. All still around.
And it gets worse.
Now there's ready made mash. Just stick it in the microwave and nuke it.
Never seen tinned oranges but there's tinned apple slices/pear slices/pineapple chunks/rings etc.
Where have you been hiding @Blue Hills ?:giggle:

Drago

Legendary Member
I always had the idea that they were just a branding exercise as, of old, I always associate Stanley with quality tools, not culinary accessories. Will give them another look. Stanley drink bits, including I think a spirits flask that looks easy to clean (top totally flips off on a hinge I think) often seem to turn up in the bit of TK Maxx I usually head for (not being a disco bunny) - the oddball tools and mancave interest section.
Its a different Stanley - the Stanley flask manufacturer is American, although most of their gear is chinese manufactured now. Very popular in the states and its not uncommon for a tradesman today ti still be using the same flask his grandaddy bought in the 1940's! Very well respected in the SAR community.

https://www.stanley-pmi.eu/

Last edited:
Its a different Stanley - the Stanley flask manufacturer is American, although most of their gear is chinese manufactured now. Very popular in the states and its not uncommon for a tradesman today ti still be using the same flask his grandaddy bought in the 1940's! Very well respected in the SAR community.

https://www.stanley-pmi.eu/
ta for the info.
What's SAR?
Nothing that involves serious weaponry I trust?

They do indeed. By various brands too including asda/morrisons/tesco etc own branding.
Tinned carrots? Yep. Boil in the bag beef? Yep. All still around.
And it gets worse.
Now there's ready made mash. Just stick it in the microwave and nuke it.
Never seen tinned oranges but there's tinned apple slices/pear slices/pineapple chunks/rings etc.
Where have you been hiding @Blue Hills ?:giggle:
Down south maybe.
Was turned on to the simple virtues of unmetalled veg as a student by a total slut* of a housemate.
Far cheaper and far healthier.
Never looked back.
And helped by the fact that London, despite its many ills, is better than many northern places for good old fashioned street markets.
I did see tinned mandarins (a favourite of my gran) in Lidl I think.
Pineapple chunks/rings are allowed - may indulge myself on a future camping trip.

* before the cchat gameplayers dive in (though thankfully most have left I think) I should stress that this term is used in its best possible sense.

Nah I don't do pubs. Got better things to waste money on :smile:
there's a passable spoons in bolton.
am too lazy to pop on the app and see what they have on at the mo. tho it will for sure be cheap. £1.69?
Bank Top is an excellent Bolton brewery - pretty sure I've sampled their wonders in that pub, though usually, for some reason, in the one in St Annes, fabled retreat of @Accy cyclist

edit - I see that, thanks to the wonders of the interplanetary web, they have Wobbly Bob on - get yourself down there NOW (even if last time I pedalled past it bike parking left something to be desired)

Last edited:
Top Bottom