Vacuum Flasks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
there's a passable spoons in bolton.
am too lazy to pop on the app and see what they have on at the mo. tho it will for sure be cheap. £1.69?
Bank Top is an excellent Bolton brewery - pretty sure I've sampled their wonders in that pub, though usually, for some reason, in the one in St Annes, fabled retreat of @Accy cyclist
No,i don't go there now that my mum isn't there. Yes,i've thought about moving there,but who do i know there apart from my brother.:unsure:

Anyway,on the subject of vacuum flasks,i keep my skunk weed in one. I've been getting it delivered lately,but in the past when i've had to drive somewhere to buy it i took a flask to put it in,to stop any smells in case the plod happened to pull me over for some reason or another.:secret:

Am not sure if you are serious, but if true I trust at least you were on a bike.
And in any case your post is far less shocking/deplorable than @Mo1959 s.

edit - i see you said drive.
shame on you.

Drago

Legendary Member
ta for the info.
What's SAR?
Nothing that involves serious weaponry I trust?
Search and Rescue. If your manly, ruffty tuffty products have found favour with the SAR community then you know you've done a proper job for value, function and durability. Keela, Fenix, Stanley, Arcteryx, G-Shock, Haix, Ptezl, are virtually ubiquitous.

On the US Stanley web page they used to have a section for Stanley flasks that had been through some unpleasany accidents and survived. Dropped from aircraft, run iver, thatmsort of thing. You mention weaponry...well, one had been struck by a bullet and other than a hefty dent had survived and was perfectly usable.

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
My Surly Long Haul Trucker is painted in "Grandpa's Thermos".

Disappointingly, the box the Taiwanese builders shipped it in says the colour is "Lagoon", so this is just a bit of waggish marketing on Surly's part.

I'm waiting for "Hearing Aid Beige", "Elastoplast Pink" and "Rah Trouser Plum" in future years.

Toe Clip

The only one I've come across specificslly for cycling is the Elite Deboyo (0.5 l)
Comes with a cycling sippy top and a screw on lid. I'd expect it to work much the same as the thermos 0.5l.

In general, bigger work better than smaller, and glass (if you can find one) works better than stainless, which works better than plastic.
Was given one a few months ago as a present. Seems to perform as well as other vacuum flasks I have. Has kept my coffee warm for a good few hours With preheating. Not used it in winter so unable to comment on how it performs but we shall see. A nice snug fit in my bottle cage. Prefer the screw top cap but then I am stuck in my ways.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Here’s mine in action. A standard stainless steel thermos in a neoprene sleeve. Works perfectly with no rattling. The sleeve was very cheap, few pounds

. Started using it when I had to resort to DIY corona cafes.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sorry ........can’t cook! :laugh:
You are obviously far to young. My generation there was no option, cook or starve. My mother was not a good cook during wartime but my wife was an excellent cook and used to complain when I sat in the kitchen with her as she cooked while we both had a dram. She said I was only there to criticise but I learned a lot.

Top Bottom