Vandalised or a practical joke?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craven2354

Hello :smile:

My brother returned from work today without his bike when I asked him why he said that his,manager at work approx aged 35 had smeared brown grease all over his white handlebars on his 4 weeks old road bike which had made it un rideable so he had to make his own way back home

My brother is 16 and it really annoys me that his manager had made him have to make his own way home at 10pm at night because of this "practical joke" my brother doesn't want to take it any further as he doesn't want his life made hell at work because of his manager

And to top it all off this was at halfrauds -.-

Just wanted to know whether you think he has taken it to far?

I'm guessing these are his initiation pranks as he started only 2 months ago I just think he went to far

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I agree, that's taking a prank too far. I'd have a word with the manager's boss and nip it in the bud.

GC

D

Deleted member 23692

I like a laugh as much as anyone, but when it comes do damaging personal property, then that's just wanton vandalism.

I'd be demanding the damage is put right without delay, or a letter will be sent to Head Office.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That is unacceptable behaviour. certainly unfitting for someone in a management position.

Not only did it cost your brother in fares to get him home it will cost him more money to change the bar tape.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
I would be f***king furious. Thats not a joke, its criminal damage to, what I guessing, is an expensive bike. A prank is something that's funny, and if it involves property, leaves nothing permanent. This has done.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I had some initiation pranks on the building sites, but I took it and it settled down. I'd see how things went, its only handle bar tape.
I'd see my arse though on a four week old bike though:sad:

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Get your bro' to smear grease all over the idiots windscreen, and state it's just a 'prank'. I'd bet even money he won't see the funny side of it. This has the ring of bullying to me, defiantly needs a word to HR about it.

Canrider

Guru
+1 to everything so far on the thread. (apart jdtat101's windscreen, but only 'cause it'll get your brother fired, despite the justice/karma of it)

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Get your bro' to smear grease all over the idiots windscreen, and state it's just a 'prank'. I'd bet even money he won't see the funny side of it. This has the ring of bullying to me, defiantly needs a word to HR about it.
^wot 'e said, but don't escalate it......I would smear the same quality of brown grease on the undersides of all his car door handles (where it can't be seen). At least that could be cleaned off, and is not damaging anything, unlike the original "prank".

Canrider

Guru
He's got to log that this happened in some way, even if it is a 'initiation joke', and especially if he thinks of giving back as good as he got. Otherwise who's going to lose out when the new guy smeared grease on Da Boss's precious motorcar?

Top Bottom