Vandalised or a practical joke?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Good outcome :smile: when i took my bike to Halfords i would have been happier if the twat mechanic would have carried it by the chain instead of the handlebars that way he might have actually got some grease on the chain not on my nice White bar tape from his black manky hands ! 2 words....... Latex Gloves!

Sandra6

Veteran
Good outcome :smile: when i took my bike to Halfords i would have been happier if the twat mechanic would have carried it by the chain instead of the handlebars that way he might have actually got some grease on the chain not on my nice White bar tape from his black manky hands ! 2 words....... Latex Gloves!

I complained about similar when I picked my bike up from the LBS after a service and found my lovely white grips not only grubby but holey!!! I was laughed at and told "only a woman would notice that" I only let the guys at work touch it now, and they always wear gloves.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I guess in some places its obviously acceptable. Lets hope next time these said people take there car to be fixed the friendly mechanic puts grease oil etc on the steering wheel gear stick seats door handles, and then just shrugs his shoulders.

Gary E

Veteran
I complained about similar when I picked my bike up from the LBS after a service and found my lovely white grips not only grubby but holey!!! I was laughed at and told "only a woman would notice that" I only let the guys at work touch it now, and they always wear gloves.
Now that really would wind me up :cursing:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Raise a grievance if the damage isn't made good and Mr Tw*t promises never to do anything like that again, it is grossly unprofessional. I like the grease idea as revenge but I'd play with his head to make him think of the consequences. I'd have got your dad to ring the manager up 10 minutes before your bro got to work the next day asking if anyone had seen him as they'd just checked his room, realised he'd not come home last night and there'd been a news report of a young lad in critical condition after getting knocked down crossing the road not far from where he works.

Gary E

Veteran
You should have put his name and location up on here.
Imagine the effect of all the people on this thread calling the Halfords central office to make a complaint on behalf of a fellow member :smile:

Top Bottom