Vegetarians

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by wmtlynx, 16 Aug 2012.

1. wmtlynx

wmtlynx Active Member

Any others out there, or is it just me? Cyclists, vegetarians, environmentally-conscious tree hugger types tend to get grouped together, so I'll put it to the test...... Is there such a thing as a vegetarian or vegan cyclist?

<Bridge approached with caution. Trolls have been seen in the area.>

Mad Doug Biker likes this.
  2. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

I was for about nine months a couple of years ago but it didn't work for me. It was worth doing to reassess my relationship with eating animal corpses.

3. captainhastings

captainhastings Über Member

4. paddy01

paddy01 Senior Member

Not a vegetarian although as I only eat chicken (no red meat / fish etc.) I could quite happily live on a vegetarian diet and often chose vegetarian options when eating out.

5. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

Yes there is such a thing as a vegan and vegetarian cyclist.

6. theclaud

theclaud It's teeceegawnmaaaad

Mainly cows and sheep then?

7. theclaud

I believe such distinguished bicyclists as Aperitif, Charlie B and Mickle of this parish are vegetarian. The excellent Domd1979 is vegan I believe, though he hasn't been seen for yonks. GaryA hugs trees but eats animals. Linford will probably call you a Yoghurt-Knitter, or just a Knitter for short.

8. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

I tried being a vege once.

you know how it is... 16 and all my friends are full of opinions which will pave the way to a bright future and not eating meat was one of them... and I got talked into it... 4 hours later i gave in at the first pork pie and have never looked back. Although the same friends often called me a 'murderer' when I bought a real kebab when they bought a vege one.

Looking back many of them wore real leather jackets or at least Doc Martin's so how it's acceptable to rip the skin of it's back and wear it but not eat the left over's I'll never know. I spent many hours defending my right to eat meat, but other than that, my friends were nice, easy going people, and for the large part, still are 20odd years later.

I know a couple of vege cyclists, but they do eat fish... does that count?

Pedrosanchezo likes this.
  9. Vegetarian here. Not as rare as it used to be you know. :laugh:

Though we still are very much the minority. I still have one friend who insists that i am "laughing in the face of evolution". I would suggest that, if anything, people are becoming more 'veggie aware'.

wmtlynx likes this.
  10. Vegetarians don't eat fish no. They are called pesco-vegetarians. Or is it pescetarian? Hmmm. I forget.
    Anyway, my friends actually tease me about being vegetarian!! Like i am the villan. Lol.

11. MontyVeda

In my circle I'm in a minority as a meat eater.

12. MontyVeda

...and talking of tree huggers... there's nowt worse than the "I only eat 'green' meat" types.

13. theclaud

xx(

Mad Doug Biker and lordloveaduck like this.
  14. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

if i was most of my life would be spent in the toilet

coffeejo likes this.
  15. Must be weeks old that meat!? :crazy:

Mad Doug Biker and lordloveaduck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice