Vegetarians

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wmtlynx

Any others out there, or is it just me? Cyclists, vegetarians, environmentally-conscious tree hugger types tend to get grouped together, so I'll put it to the test...... Is there such a thing as a vegetarian or vegan cyclist?

<Bridge approached with caution. Trolls have been seen in the area.>

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I was for about nine months a couple of years ago but it didn't work for me. It was worth doing to reassess my relationship with eating animal corpses.

paddy01

Not a vegetarian although as I only eat chicken (no red meat / fish etc.) I could quite happily live on a vegetarian diet and often chose vegetarian options when eating out.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I believe such distinguished bicyclists as Aperitif, Charlie B and Mickle of this parish are vegetarian. The excellent Domd1979 is vegan I believe, though he hasn't been seen for yonks. GaryA hugs trees but eats animals. Linford will probably call you a Yoghurt-Knitter, or just a Knitter for short.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I tried being a vege once.

you know how it is... 16 and all my friends are full of opinions which will pave the way to a bright future and not eating meat was one of them... and I got talked into it... 4 hours later i gave in at the first pork pie and have never looked back. Although the same friends often called me a 'murderer' when I bought a real kebab when they bought a vege one.

Looking back many of them wore real leather jackets or at least Doc Martin's so how it's acceptable to rip the skin of it's back and wear it but not eat the left over's I'll never know. I spent many hours defending my right to eat meat, but other than that, my friends were nice, easy going people, and for the large part, still are 20odd years later.

I know a couple of vege cyclists, but they do eat fish... does that count?

Vegetarian here. Not as rare as it used to be you know. :laugh:

Though we still are very much the minority. I still have one friend who insists that i am "laughing in the face of evolution". I would suggest that, if anything, people are becoming more 'veggie aware'.

I tried being a vege once.

you know how it is... 16 and all my friends are full of opinions which will pave the way to a bright future and not eating meat was one of them... and I got talked into it... 4 hours later i gave in at the first pork pie and have never looked back. Although the same friends often called me a 'murderer' when I bought a real kebab when they bought a vege one.

Looking back many of them wore real leather jackets or at least Doc Martin's so how it's acceptable to rip the skin of it's back and wear it but not eat the left over's I'll never know. I spent many hours defending my right to eat meat, but other than that, my friends were nice, easy going people, and for the large part, still are 20odd years later.

I know a couple of vege cyclists, but they do eat fish... does that count?
Vegetarians don't eat fish no. They are called pesco-vegetarians. Or is it pescetarian? Hmmm. I forget.
Anyway, my friends actually tease me about being vegetarian!! Like i am the villan. Lol.

Top Bottom