Vegetarians

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

seashaker

People are vegetarian for lots of different reasons... most just don't like the taste, texture, etc... some stop after a bout of food poisoning... it's not always some happy clappy 'i'm an animal lover' point of view.

IMO... people should be free to eat what they want without criticism.

I'll eat pretty much whatever is put in front of me... but I draw the line at foie gras and veal.

I did say unless health related and full understand that there are many genuine reasons for not eating meat, but basically I mean that if (and I have known a few in the past so speaking from my own personal experiences) Vegetarians provide the reason as being 'animal lover' etc (which I have been told in the past) then this is what I struggle with.

I really don't care what people eat and rightly so it is up to each individual for whatever their reasons, I just feel that if you believe strongly in something so major then drinking milk doesn't fit in with the argument given.

As for Veal, I dislike the 'european' style due to animal wellfare etc but would welcome British veal becomming more popular, as this would be a great 'use' for the slaughtered bull calves in the milk industry.

Foie gras is a funny one, I don't go out my wat to ever order it.

Every one of us has a dietary line across which we will not devour. For some it's horse meat, for others it's live monkey brains. I only eat what i'd be happy to kill and skin and butcher. I dont give a shoot about animals.

Perhaps one of the posters who doesn't 'get' 'vegetarians' could tell me how they square pet ownership with the consumption of dead animals.

seashaker

Perhaps one of the posters who doesn't 'get' 'vegetarians' could tell me how they square pet ownership with the consumption of dead animals.

Not really on topic so will not go fishing. I aired my opinion on the subject and also provided an insite into relatives who were vegan and carried out sporting activities which is what the thread was for.

Top Bottom