Vehicles you fear ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Inspired by Ashtrays thread 'BMW drivers'...it made me think.

Why is it you (well i can anyway) consistently find yourself in a situation with certain cars and drivers.

Mine is Saabs, typically with women drivers. Nothing outright dangerous in my experience, jut too fast, too close to me...a general lack of respect.

That brings me to another point...i HATE going out at schools out time. Mums in their people carriers etc, taking kids home, too fast, thinking about getting tea on, kids argueing in the back no doubt...they pass too close, totally obivious of my existence. I really fear them.:evil:

The Saab drivers, not so much a problem. Theres not so many about.
The mums on the school run...:tongue:

the tiger tank

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Probably conforming to stereotype, but non-Defender Land Rovers, X5s, and Range Rovers. Driven by aggressive people who seem to feel they have something to prove to the world, in my experience.

With that said, there is one Discovery driver I see from time to time on my commute who's excellent, and puts the others to shame.

Any driver I see carrying on a text conversation whilst sat in traffic I usually give a wide berth to, as well as people with a row of gonks/cuddly toys on the back shelf.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
Volvo drivers. It's like they're on auto-pilot or something

I had this last summer.
Just coming off a r/about. A silver Volvo went past...no problem. Seconds later...another. Same colour, same model .:smile: Seconds later...a third. But this one came REAL close to me. Really close :tongue::angry:
W'nker i thought as they drove to the next R/about...and al three drove into a hotel carpark.
:evil::evil:I'm gonna have him....i thought

So i rode in...theres the 3 of them...5 or 6 guys getting their luggage out.

'Whoever was driving the last car out of you lot just came so close, i'm lucky i'm not going home in a bodybag' i said....
Two of them looked confused.....i gave them a bit more jip...then one of them muttered 'sorry' from the back.

Apology accepted, i said, and rode off.

One day..i going home with a black eye :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

Abitrary

In the car as well, on the motorway, volvo drivers tend to tail-gate to the extent of almost nudging you off, and if there's someone doing 69mph on in the middle lane... odds on it's you know who.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Besides coaches, mum's on the school run, WVM and general dick heads driving to fast/close? ....

has to be big huge Dumper Trucks! Their wheels are HUGE! with big scary treads in them that i know would mash me up. they scare me the most. they seem to come in very close, although i think this is coz they are so fecking wide!

funny enough, don't get too many scary HGVs, although their sheer size can also be a bit scary.

Dumper trucks for me too along with BMWs and Vauxhall Chavaliers. I've had a couple of encounters recently with tatty Mongdeos too, its as if as certain cars drop in value below a certain point they get purchased by a particular kind of twunt. It used to be Sierras but they've all died now. You can spot an oldy driving from a mile away too, usually in a tiny newish Kia, Hyundai or 'Chevrolet*', they havent got a clue what's going on some of them.

Chevy means '64 Impala or the '55 to '57 Tri-Chevys to me, not Korean Krap. Blegh.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
mickle said:
Dumper trucks for me too along with BMWs and Vauxhall Chavaliers. I've had a couple of encounters recently with tatty Mongdeos too, its as if as certain cars drop in value below a certain point they get purchased by a particular kind of twunt. It used to be Sierras but they've all died now. You can spot an oldy driving from a mile away too, usually in a tiny newish Kia, Hyundai or 'Chevrolet*', they havent got a clue what's going on some of them.

Chevy means '64 Impala or the '55 to '57 Tri-Chevys to me, not Korean Krap. Blegh.

Mind...this ones not very impressive :smile:

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/gbb_photo/Carmelo Uruguay/?action=view&current=DSC01611.jpg

buggi said:
Big huge Dumper Trucks!
Their wheels are HUGE!
With big scary treads
To mash me up.
They scare me the most.
They seem to come so very close,
It's coz they are so fecking wide!

:smile:

Top Bottom