Velo Birmingham anyone applying?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a surprise - the website has crashed. I image that was caused by an earthquake due to people's jaws hitting the floor when they see the costs.
One the people from a club I'm a member of just contacted me whining about the website crash. It's like it's the end of the world or something.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
One the people from a club I'm a member of just contacted me whining about the website crash. It's like it's the end of the world or something.

If they had made the prices public upfront I am sure they would not have had their servers crash today.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Looks like £40 to park the car then!

Rob
And get your joining stuff sent to you so you don't have to attend the event the day before.

To be fair to them - those two things are worth paying/charging a bit extra for, as they would considerably reduce the faff of attending the event from somewhere outside the midlands. If I was dead set on doing the event and prepared to pay their prices, I'd go for that option. But I'm not. So I won't.

I've been told that they used a cheap arsed third party 76 quid a year software platform to handle the sales. But didn't think to warn the admin about the 15000 + expected queries. :rofl:

dim

I pre-registered but doubt that I will do this ride. I'm really nervous when people I don't know ride inches away from my backwheel when I'm riding at speed.

15 000 cyclists is a lot, and I don't have much experience with group rides... all of my rides are done solo :sad:

Venod

Eh up
I pre-registered but doubt that I will do this ride. I'm really nervous when people I don't know ride inches away from my backwheel when I'm riding at speed.

15 000 cyclists is a lot, and I don't have much experience with group rides... all of my rides are done solo :sad:

I don't mind riding in groups, chain gangs, club runs, are fine as the riders are usually experienced, I am not keen on mass participation events, I don't do sportives but have done some charity events and witnessed some terrible riding, had a guy run straight into the back of me, I stayed up but he hit the deck.

I would like to do this, but being self-employed I can't book it until the last minute as I don't know where in the world I might be.

I am going to try and contact them tomorrow to see if there is a refund situation in case I can't make it

Still....£80 is a lot to pay to ride me bike, money that could be better spent on hard drugs and prostitutes !!

dickyknees

Guru
Yes £78.75 is too heavy for me even though the logistics for me to do Birmingham would be better than London 100.

Either way as attractive as a closed road event is, it is just getting too expensive/poor value.

dim

If they had made the prices public upfront I am sure they would not have had their servers crash today.

it's a way to get zillions of cyclist's email addresses .... loads of people tried to enter without knowing the cost before hand .... you will now be bombarded with marketing emails :tongue:

Top Bottom