Velo South - West Sussex 23/09/2018 (Closed Road 100)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Yep, just got a text.... That's that then.

Looks like I'll be painting the house on Saturday :sad:

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Buggers. Understandable why they have cancelled it but I'm more out of pocket than any event I've actually done with this. £140 none refundable hotel, and £120 odd for the clothes (bibs n shorts) that I'm sure they wont receive back.

Buggers. Understandable why they have cancelled it but I'm more out of pocket than any event I've actually done with this. £140 none refundable hotel, and £120 odd for the clothes (bibs n shorts) that I'm sure they wont receive back.

Why not just go and have the weekend in the hotel with the missus/someone else's missus/next door's cat etc.

And I'm sure that you will get the chance to wear the kit at some point

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Why not just go and have the weekend in the hotel with the missus/someone else's missus/next door's cat etc.

And I'm sure that you will get the chance to wear the kit at some point

The missus was staying at home as we are having our driveway and front garden done, and she wasn't arsed about going down there. And it's a 500 odd mile round trip, not exactly a fleeting weekend away.

Have requested part refund via booking.com, ill see what the hotel says.

The clothes are pretty decent anyway so once I stop scowling at them I'll get some use. The bibs are alright pad wise so.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
The missus was staying at home as we are having our driveway and front garden done, and she wasn't arsed about going down there. And it's a 500 odd mile round trip, not exactly a fleeting weekend away.

Have requested part refund via booking.com, ill see what the hotel says.
Ouch.

It's a nice part of the world, to spend a weekend, actually. I was looking forward to it for that. We go to Pagham a couple of a times a year with the kids, and there's quite a few places to visit.

I was borrowing a friend's caravan in East Wittering, so all it'll cost me is a few beers as a "thank you", when I take the keys back over the weekend.

Actually, having seen the real forecast from my farmer buddy, screw that. I’ve cancelled the hotel room.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Well I won't be signing up for whatever they replace it with, had a very bad vibe about the organisation of this event, and it didn't just come from the hairy NIMBYs who seemed very vitriolic about it, even more than the usual loud few on closed road events.

That closed road borders ride in September looks like a nicer alternative.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've moved my ride to Brighton to tomorrow instead of Sunday. Looks like I'll get wet on the way home.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Heavy rain and a fresh breeze forecast now.
I think the organisers have been farked by the Met Office's recent hastiness in issuing weather warnings.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Heavy rain and a fresh breeze forecast now.
I think the organisers have been farked by the Met Office's recent hastiness in issuing weather warnings.
Does look that way from where I'm sat, but I guess their insurance position will have influenced the decision. Not to mention the bad publicity for any "incidents" that may have arisen on an event which has already polarised the views of many.

Top Bottom