Velo South - West Sussex 23/09/2018 (Closed Road 100)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Weather warnings in place.....

Horsham forecast - not great - especially at the start...

upload_2018-9-19_13-47-39.png

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
That's a nice tailwind. For about a third of the route.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Oh dear indeed. It seems my ride to Brighton will have to move to Saturday.

I presume the organisers will refund if the event is cancelled?

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Oh dear indeed. It seems my ride to Brighton will have to move to Saturday.

I presume the organisers will refund if the event is cancelled?

I would very much doubt you will get a full cash refund. A Free entry into VS 2019 would be the best you could hope for.

Some people are suggesting a shortened route - But I can't see how that would work - it would mean closing roads they weren't planning to close.

My bet is a postponement probably until sept 2019 - unless of course the weather improves

I would very much doubt you will get a full cash refund. A Free entry into VS 2019 would be the best you could hope for.

Some people are suggesting a shortened route - But I can't see how that would work - it would mean closing roads they weren't planning to close.

My bet is a postponement probably until sept 2019 - unless of course the weather improves

There’s already a ‘B’ route, which is about half the distance, the distance isn’t the issue, it’s more to do with the elf n safety, and insurance. If the weather warning remains in place ( it’s more than likely to do so) they’ll cancel the ride, call ‘Force majeure’ and that will be that.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Forecast for Sunday is all over the shop, hour-by-hour and forecaster-by-forecaster. I'm optimistic.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Forecast for Sunday is all over the shop, hour-by-hour and forecaster-by-forecaster. I'm optimistic.

Well there is still a weather warning in place...and the sites that track weather fronts are predicting an extreme low pressure front to hit the south of england sunday morning....

Best case scenario looks to be windy and wet but do able.

petsonally i think it will now be cancelled ...yesterdays email was to prime us for that and so that people who have booked hotels have time to cancel.

Dec66

AccuWeather:

29-31mph from SW/WSW 9-11 am
Rain from 11

Wind swings around from WNW after that and dies down a bit.

Yuk.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
AccuWeather:

29-31mph from SW/WSW 9-11 am
Rain from 11

Wind swings around from WNW after that and dies down a bit.

Yuk.

Whilst not great - that doesn't sound cancellation territory ?

Ive wimped out folks - sorry - my back/hamstring issues have come back - last time I pushed through them I ended up off the bike for 3 years - gutted - hope its rescheduled with original entries valid.
If not hope those who ride it have a great day....

Dec66

Whilst not great - that doesn't sound cancellation territory ?

No, it doesn't. And while I'm really not looking forward to doing it anywhere near as much as I did when I signed up (part logistics, mainly still being fat), it's not enough to put me off.

However, if there's still an extant Yellow weather warning in place I think it'll get canned, because the organisers will get hammered if anything were to happen ("what the hell were they doing running an event like that with a weather warning in place?", type-thing).

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
No, it doesn't. And while I'm really not looking forward to doing it anywhere near as much as I did when I signed up (part logistics, mainly still being fat), it's not enough to put me off.

However, if there's still an extant Yellow weather warning in place I think it'll get canned, because the organisers will get hammered if anything were to happen ("what the hell were they doing running an event like that with a weather warning in place?", type-thing).

Another big storm to hit UK tonight - whilst that might not hit the south it will IMO increase the pressure to cancel

Top Bottom