Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Just flicking around and looked at this thread. I never knew the Tile Count was a "thing" Just looked on Veloviewer and I have 7,376 tiles: Max Square 9 x 9: Max Cluster 512

Is that good, bad, average or doesn't it matter?
It's all down to your own personal challenge ,some of us concentrate on max square ,some on max cluster especially anyone who lives on the coast , some just add number of tiles . I'm sure if you targeted your max square and max cluster by filling a few holes you can increase these very rapidly until to get more difficult as tiles get further away . I now at the point were I have to complete a 100 mile loop to had any localish tiles .
If you choose to target local tiles and run a computer with chrome os there is an extension that overlays velo veiwer tiles on Strava route planner

Solocle

Über Member
A semi tile in London, 27 new tiles, 1 more for my C. London minicluster.
image.png
image.png

image.png
1436161-D-9779-4955-86-C1-2-FDA1844-E923.jpg
Well, this bridge was about to be closed, with the most ridiculous diversion I've ever encountered (saying something!), which you can see ready to be put in place...
4-C225-FD7-D016-4950-AAD0-624-E7925601-A.jpg
629-F9-DDA-C049-41-A4-B1-CC-92-E8-A5241-D92.jpg
:banghead:

Sallar55

Veteran
26 tiles today puts me at 36016 tiles . Spain is starting to look good.

Screenshot_20230524-222130.png

Sallar55

Veteran
Are iwe loosing out by not having a hey you have not been here before. Strava is giving a Local Hero on rides. Or is it a social experiment to find out how many have OCD tendances.😂

D

Deleted member 26715

My rides this week are not pulling through, anyone else with issues?

Sallar55

Veteran
I think its been slow this week my Explore has loaded into garmin but still waiting for strava as its the backup and i have to delete it .

D

Deleted member 26715

Found it, it wasn't setup to pull across ebike rides.

Sallar55

Veteran
Shortest leg of the tour,25kms. Surprised to catch 16 tiles as its normally less than half the distance for tiles.

Screenshot_20230601-230749.png

Last edited:

Solocle

Über Member
Well, having made moves on Salisbury from the south, I turned my attention to the west. One minor problem, a distinct lack of roads.
image.png
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
image.png
The Old Shaston Drove ridgeway... that's just awfully convenient for tiling, isn't it. Except I feel like I'd need a mountain bike. Oh wait, I have one that needs a real maiden voyage.
image.png
image.png
image.png
Once up the initial climb, it was pretty much plain sailing.
image.png
Unique perspective on the Fovant Badges:
image.png
image.png
Short spur to pick up two more tiles:
image.png
Main job done.
image.png
But since trains were... sparse today, I had a bit of time to kill, so after a well deserved drink (or two - coke and alcohol free cider), I nabbed two tiles to the north of Salisbury. And ended up passing the Skripal House.
image.png
image.png
image.png

Top Bottom