Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wasn't really tile hunting but I think I added 6 around my explore of the Gaulby Road in Leicestershire.
1680897578833.png

That takes me to:

1680897728986.png

13 rider

Guru
Another long tile grabbing ride out to Grantham and Newark ,Several dead ends bit of gravel as you do ,Got a tricky one on my eastern edge of my max square which was nice 13 in total
Grabbed a few extra (12 I think )the other weekend while away watching Paris Roubaix on a hired Brompton which made the cobbles fun
Total now 5561 ,max cluster now 3016

13 rider

Guru
3 shortish rides while away in Shropshire saw another 22 squares added to my total up to 5560. Stayed in the countryside near Ludlow ,Clee hill area for anyone local . It's quite hilly all rides averaged 100ft of upness per mile . The cottage we stayed at was on top of a little hill ,16% one way up it 20% the other !!

13 rider

Guru
Completed the Lincoln GP sportive today which gained me 66 new squares up to 5734 , max cluster up 31 to 3047

Solocle

Über Member
Forgot to post Wednesday's outing:

Another train catalysed outing, starting at Winchester this time.
image.png
image.png
However, all that off roading on Monday seemed to have loosened a couple of bolts, so for my first order of business I had to nip via Halfords to get them tightened up. Only, navigational dunce that I am, I headed completely the wrong direction. Oh well, a couple more tiles.
image.png
image.png
Ruh roh. I don't remember seeing the A34 on the advertisement. Oh, and I had to take the rightmost exit from the roundabout :ohmy:

In contrast, the planned section of the route was excellent.
image.png

Then, today, a couple grabbed after buying a new bike :smile:

1684790247707.png

dN1eyTMJ.jpg

Should make those trickier off road tiles a breeze!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Just flicking around and looked at this thread. I never knew the Tile Count was a "thing" Just looked on Veloviewer and I have 7,376 tiles: Max Square 9 x 9: Max Cluster 512

Is that good, bad, average or doesn't it matter?

steverob

Guru
That's really good for someone who hasn't been trying to rack up contiguous tiles like most of us on here have been! As soon as you start actually plotting routes to specifically up those numbers, they will accelerate massively and probably be 3 times that within a year or so.

For comparison, I've been tile hunting on and off since about 2015(?) and I'm on a max square of 26x26 (but that hasn't changed in almost two years cause I ran up against a couple of difficult to get tiles to both my east and west) and a max cluster of 1593, although only 2831 tiles in total cause 95% of my riding has been done within 50 miles of home.

Top Bottom