Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
Back in Spain , Malaga suburb to El Burgos on the way to Seville. Going to try the Ruta del Plata with as much gravel as possible. A lot of climbing today for 30 or so tiles ,1300+ meters in 60 km.

1000017897.png

1000017876.jpg

Last edited:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Ride around Antwerp yesterday to get some new squares... 👍

Screenshot_20231011-131454.png

IMG_20231010_143238.jpg

steverob

Guru
Talking of cycling abroad, I managed to add two new squares to my small Floridian set, one of which gave me a tiny cluster of three!

1697031716989.png

Most of the rides shown above were ones I did on my last holiday in that area (2018) and the one ride I did this year covered many of the same roads, so there wasn't much chance to add any new areas. But I did manage to break my max speed record, achieving 47 mph on a downhill stretch - you don't get many opportunities to do that in flat Florida!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Talking of cycling abroad, I managed to add two new squares to my small Floridian set, one of which gave me a tiny cluster of three!

View attachment 709651

Most of the rides shown above were ones I did on my last holiday in that area (2018) and the one ride I did this year covered many of the same roads, so there wasn't much chance to add any new areas. But I did manage to break my max speed record, achieving 47 mph on a downhill stretch - you don't get many opportunities to do that in flat Florida!

Nice one - approaching the magic 50 (MPH) :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
3 hour ride today and finally snagged a tile near Southam that has been very problematic. Basically HS2 has fenced off just about all the tile. I had 2 final possible routes in to try today. The first one took me riding on long-grassed fields but got blocked by S2 fencing about 150m away from the tile boundary.

Then tried my final option up a Private Road - reached a forced end at another HS2 fence but luckily this was in the tile.

This took me from 26x26 up to 28x28.

13 rider

Guru
A week away near Whitby saw me add another 60 squares ,total now 5962 . Definitely lumpy round there 75 miles done with 6000 ft of upness , I seen enough 20% signs to last for a while . If I continue to cycle in hilly areas I think I need lower gears ,grinding at 50rpm inst that comfortable

Norry1

Legendary Member
Another 3 hr ride to nab one problematic tile. It ended with a mile (each way) of horrible slushy mud / long grass / deep puddles on a track/field. I had to push my bike most of the return mile as the mud had accumulated under my mudguards and I couldn't turn the wheel. Took ages and was hard work. Took an hour to clean and sort the bike and my bike shoes when I got home.

Still, I got the tile. Must be mad :crazy:

13 rider

Guru
Another 3 hr ride to nab one problematic tile. It ended with a mile (each way) of horrible slushy mud / long grass / deep puddles on a track/field. I had to push my bike most of the return mile as the mud had accumulated under my mudguards and I couldn't turn the wheel. Took ages and was hard work. Took an hour to clean and sort the bike and my bike shoes when I got home.

Still, I got the tile. Must be mad :crazy:
It's called the velo viewer bug ,once infected theres no known cure

Norry1

Legendary Member
It's called the velo viewer bug ,once infected theres no known cure

I had planned to attempt another tile a few miles later but when I saw another muddy track I decided one was enough for today.

May go for one tomorrow that entails 2.5 miles each way along the Grand Union Canal near Stockton.

13 rider

Guru
I had planned to attempt another tile a few miles later but when I saw another muddy track I decided one was enough for today.

May go for one tomorrow that entails 2.5 miles each way along the Grand Union Canal near Stockton.
My plan is to save off road squares for the summer time saving riding in the mud and just build the area round them ,then you get a nice jump up when you get the difficult square

Norry1

Legendary Member

I did go for this tile and after some faffing around (and some more mud, but less than yesterday) I ticked it off. Now finally gone over 1,000 for Max Cluster and completed the vertical for my next Square increase.

Top Bottom