Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sallar55

Veteran
Down in Thisk, bumped into Sowerby cycling club at bike shop. Reliability ride so joined in, easy day no need to stop at junctions or find cafes .75 tiles and 2 good

1000021794.png
cafe stops

Norry1

Legendary Member
Down in Thisk, bumped into Sowerby cycling club at bike shop. Reliability ride so joined in, easy day no need to stop at junctions or find cafes .75 tiles and 2 good

View attachment 719376 cafe stops

How serendipitous ^_^

Pgd

Veteran
Hi all,
There's a segment on my regular commute (College Road, Sydenham Hill for those that know it) that I set my PB on some years ago. I'd be interested in using my Strava data to compare my (many) attempts and see where I might focus to try to get close to PB again. (I'm not particularly interested in comparing with other people, I'm aware I'm pretty slow!) I've taken a look at VV but , without a Strava sub, I can't see all the functionality (e.g. Segments-->History). Can I do what I'm describing, and is it best done via VV or Strava itself? Thanks!

Solocle

Über Member
I got bored with Fineshade mtb centre and decided to head south to Stanwick lakes, knowing it might bag me a few tiles, it got me 3 and added 16 to my max cluster.

View attachment 720143

View attachment 720152
Grabbed some tiles yesterday at Bike Park Wales. Properly this time, rather than e-MTB (although ironically the uplift is surely easier!).

But I got a decent climb in when I went out of the park boundaries to grab 3 bonus tiles.
1707115848097.png

1707116006327.png

0Flwa4m6_tsw5R0voHPr2fIldlROtB1_7u2j30QA-2048x1536.jpg

The next step in this area will be a road circuit to take a cluster of 1 to 22.

1707116182212.png

Norry1

Legendary Member
I did a 65 miler yesterday - with no new tiles. What a waste :smile:

Solocle

Über Member
OK, I think I have an actual plan for tomorrow, although it may be too wet to actually complete. Another MTB excursion.
1707516544541.png

Yes, that's a short downhill hop on the A303 :laugh:
1707516759076.png

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Having tried to get this square from the south west sometime last year and getting stopped by HS2 completing closing the bridleway I copied @Norry1 and attempted it from the north east.

1708182156672.png

a mile down a private road, started off okay, a hardcore road, bit bumpy a few holes but nothing serious enough to slow you down, went by a farm and hit mud, by the looks of it, the side of the road was were the farmer was keeping his manure pile, it was bloody massive. Had to walk probably 30 or 40 foot as it was too muddy to ride through, both myself and the bike got absolutely filthy, but I got it. 100 mile ride for 1 square, i good have done it in around 74-75, but you have to extend it to a 100 when that close ^_^

1708182453962.png

Norry1

Legendary Member
Having tried to get this square from the south west sometime last year and getting stopped by HS2 completing closing the bridleway I copied @Norry1 and attempted it from the north east.

View attachment 721937

a mile down a private road, started off okay, a hardcore road, bit bumpy a few holes but nothing serious enough to slow you down, went by a farm and hit mud, by the looks of it, the side of the road was were the farmer was keeping his manure pile, it was bloody massive. Had to walk probably 30 or 40 foot as it was too muddy to ride through, both myself and the bike got absolutely filthy, but I got it. 100 mile ride for 1 square, i good have done it in around 74-75, but you have to extend it to a 100 when that close ^_^

View attachment 721938

Dedication :okay:💪

Top Bottom