Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ivo

n+1 opportunity!

Being sensible for a moment:

The way I see it is that the VV explorer game offers several statistics, and its up to the individual to decide how to play.

Max cluster was, I believe, developed to offer people with impassable geographical boundaries to still have a meaningful opportunity to make a big personal smudge on the map.

Total squares is, for me, the essence of exploration. I do the max square and max cluster thing, but I've been musing an objective of doing rides with no repeat squares. Impossible from home, but its an aspiration I wish to, err, aspire to.

Agree. Touring, even if it's only a 2 week holiday, really helps if you want to explore:

heatmapsummer2018.jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
upload_2018-7-27_17-56-8.png

bruce1530

Guru
I was out for a short pootle along the coast today, just really checking that the day’s fettling had removed the creak and not introduced any others.

I noticed this square....

upload_2018-7-27_21-59-1.png

I also noted that it was quite a low tide...

I must be mad.

IMG_2820.JPG

The square boundary was about 20 yards beyond the sand.... there were some rocks and rock pools just to the left - I didn’t get wet...

Ivo

Today's tiles ride involved some special safety measures. I wanted to bag the tiles to the north east of Geilenkirchen Airbase, home of the Awacs fleet. When i did the south-western side I discovered a gravel road just outside the fence with a lot of camera's. So I opted for a Randonneurs USA shirt to fit in ;). Alas, no gravel road on the north-east side (and no camera's). So lot's of dirt tracking and making my way over overgrown farmer's roads on the northern side. The eastern side luckily had gravel tracks again. 28mm tyres are a bit small for the farmer's tracks. These tiles are done but I don't think I'll repeat these tracks soon.

https://www.relive.cc/view/1736440392

13 rider

Guru
A square gathering imperial century today added 36 to my total of 2962 . 3000 here I come

Top Bottom