Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tested and confirmed - as long as the line goes over some part of the square, even if it has no waypoints in it, VeloViewer will mark it as having been crossed. Now whether that is "cheating" or not is another matter that I think will be down to personal opinion... (gets popcorn ready)

There's an ex-RAF base near me that is now a "secure" business park that takes up almost exactly the whole of one square that I know I'll probably never be able to access, but I still think there's a possibility of getting close enough to one of the square borders via an unmarked country lane (former railway trackbed) to cross it off. The trouble is I'd need a mountain bike (or something with very good suspension) to get down it and there's nowhere round me that rents out bikes any more. Doesn't matter too much as there's a number of other difficult squares I'd need to cross off before this one even became an issue - probably at around 22x22?

All you need to do is put your gps unit into a small secure bag, tie it to a fishing line and cast your unit far enough into the square before reeling it back in again lol

Just paid my tenner and her is mine - as you can see, the big wet blue thing plays havoc with my squares!

Veloview.jpg

huggy

This could become a new obsession while helping the old obsession of the Eddington Number. Swimming required in 3 directions, if walking/running the coast path is included I think I can just fill in Milford Haven water way then a 20x20 or so should be possible with Tenby in the South East corner.

upload_2017-4-20_23-37-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-20_23-32-13.png
    upload_2017-4-20_23-32-13.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 61

si_c

Guru
Here's mine, looking at this my best bet for a decent sized square is going to be NW, completely boxed in.

Attachments

• vv_map.png
    vv_map.png
    423.6 KB · Views: 92

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Went out and ticked another square off. Had the choice of riding the A46 - no thanks, or a quiet road that only led to the A46. Took the quiet road, was a fantastic climb, nice steady gradient, Strava has it as 189 feet of climbing over 1.7 miles. Got to the top, turned around and came back to work. ^_^

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Just paid my tenner and her is mine - as you can see, the big wet blue thing plays havoc with my squares!

View attachment 348484

This could become a new obsession while helping the old obsession of the Eddington Number. Swimming required in 3 directions, if walking/running the coast path is included I think I can just fill in Milford Haven water way then a 20x20 or so should be possible with Tenby in the South East corner.

View attachment 348505

You're both going to have to befriend a dolphin and strap your GPS to its back.

Went out and ticked another square off. Had the choice of riding the A46 - no thanks, or a quiet road that only led to the A46. Took the quiet road, was a fantastic climb, nice steady gradient, Strava has it as 189 feet of climbing over 1.7 miles. Got to the top, turned around and came back to work. ^_^

Nice little climb that one! Did the same thing earlier this year!

Top Bottom