Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chappers1983

I can see me becoming addicted to this - love a good stat breakdown

Couldn't help but join in the fun and share my 2016 infographic

upload_2017-1-3_21-15-54.png

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
Which square is that on the map I've previously posted? (e.g. go up one, right two from the yellow square). If I've already crossed it off, I'll be able to tell you exactly what I did to get it so you can try the same.
Looking at it, I think we have the same square empty....

Last edited:

bruce1530

Guru
Just paid my tenner and signed up. Liking this “Explorer view” thing...

Unfortunately, where I live is on the coast, and one of the key squares for me is right in the middle of the bay.... and another key one appears to be moorland. But there are wind turbines up there - maybe need to break out the mountain bike :-)

Is there any sensible way to link the explorer view to a Garmin (I have an 810) - it would be good if I could somehow automatically generate a route that would increase my “square”....

al3xsh

Über Member
Just paid my tenner and signed up. Liking this “Explorer view” thing...

Unfortunately, where I live is on the coast, and one of the key squares for me is right in the middle of the bay.... and another key one appears to be moorland. But there are wind turbines up there - maybe need to break out the mountain bike :-)

Is there any sensible way to link the explorer view to a Garmin (I have an 810) - it would be good if I could somehow automatically generate a route that would increase my “square”....

Ben has released a chrome plugin that helps integrate with strava route planner to plot routes through empty explorer squares.

http://blog.veloviewer.com/veloviewer-explorer-score-and-max-square/

3 extra boxes crossed today, only 2 more away from moving from 12x12 to 16x16! This could become addictive but it's nice finding some strange new roads to ride down even if some are (essentially due to busy dual carriageways or really) dead ends.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Thanks to @tallliman and his endless quest to tick off explorer boxes I spent £10 to see what mine will be. I don't expect it to be high as the majority of my rides are to and from work, but over the summer I'm going to tick a shed load of boxes off. :laugh:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
That surprised me got 16x16 and another 7 squares needed for 19x19 and 11 for 20x20.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I decided to cough up my tenner at the end of last year. I love my veloviewer. I am getting a bit geeky in my old age. Can't wait to move so I can ramp up my mileage without all the climbing and associated pain in my knees.

I'm up to 16x16 I think but need 3 squares for 17x17 - all in Leicester. In actual square width, I'm around 21 but limited by the 2 cities to the north and south.

si_c

Guru
Currently on an 8x8, but unfortunately limited by the fact that I live on a the Wirral, which as a peninsular cuts 45 degrees across the squares, meaning the largest grid you can do on the peninsular is 5x5. I've managed to get an 8x8, but spreading it out further is going to require some significantly longer rides through Cheshire and North Wales

Top Bottom