Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went out today and crossed a few squares to up my overall square to a massive 7x7 lol

North West Corner is now a goner tho!

7x7.jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Rode out to the pesky square that has no roads in it and walked the footpath. When I came back to the bike there was a woman from the farm looking concerned. She was worried as it was unusual for a bike to be left in the middle of nowhere.

I explained what I was doing and she looked at me as if I was a sandwich short of a picnic. I confirmed to her I was indeed a can short of a six pack when I told her I was now going to ride to the top of the hill to go down a field road to bag another square :laugh:

Now up to 20x20, to get 21x21 I need to get squares on all sides of my current square so might take a few rides :whistle:

Gonna have to check if I have that square now I know which one it is! Will the lady be more or less confused if someone else does it I wonder?

Got to 17x17 the other day. My main issue is that I need sparsely covered squares or trips round Leicester! Neither are necessarily nice cycling trips!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Gonna have to check if I have that square now I know which one it is! Will the lady be more or less confused if someone else does it I wonder?

Got to 17x17 the other day. My main issue is that I need sparsely covered squares or trips round Leicester! Neither are necessarily nice cycling trips!

If you want to ride south I'm happy to guide you.

al3xsh

Über Member
So,thanks to this thread ;), I'm now obsessing about ticking off the squares round here! However, there are several squares that are causing me trouble due to no roads running through them (highlighted with black boarders!). I'm currently on 9x8 with 4 squares (requiring mtb or getting off and walking) stopping me from getting to 14x9! You'd never guess that I actually live about 5 miles from the top right of the blue square!

vv_20170505_problems.png

HorTs

Über Member
Go into the Activities page and switch on the Map button at top right. Underneath the map will be a tickbox to turn on the Explorer viewer; this will show you all the squares you've already crossed, plus highlighted in blue will be your current max square(s) so you can easily see what you need to cross to improve your score.

Just a warning though - once you start down this path, you'll spend the next few months obsessing over that one square that you can't find any way of getting to on your bike!

Don't take this the wrong way but after reading this I hate you.

Just planning an absurdly indirect route to take in missed squares.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Now up to 21x21, going to have to start catching trains or taking the car out to new starting points soon.

HorTs

Über Member
Having just checked I'm on 8x8. I've planned a 60 mile ride that should make that 12x12. Annoyingly (only for the purposes of this) I live by the sea so there are many squares that are beyond marking to my south.

Having just checked I'm on 8x8. I've planned a 60 mile ride that should make that 12x12. Annoyingly (only for the purposes of this) I live by the sea so there are many squares that are beyond marking to my south.

I think they should make special squares for thos of us who live by the coast!

wajc

Veteran
Another Max Square fan here located just east of Lincoln. Got the bug when I signed up to Veloviewer last December for the extra stats it gave - then discovered the Max Square Score (was on 8x8 at the time). Currently on 21x21 and need 1 square for 22x22. Hoping to get on the leaderboard (28x28 needed).

I've had to negotiate a few farm tracks but nothing too daring yet. Can't go too far east otherwise I'll be hindered by the Wash and Humber to the North. Area either side of the Trent to the West may be a bit difficult but it will be a while before I need to worry about those.

I have a bit of a KOM addiction as well but like the Max Square for encouraging me to investigate new routes. Also no one can take the squares back off you :smile:

2017-05-07.png

Last edited:

bruce1530

Guru
Top Bottom