Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

No colour = you've not ridden through that square yet - GO GET IT!
Pink = you've ridden that square but have squares to get around it. - GO GET THEM!
Blue = You've got that square and all four on all sides - WELL DONE, THIS SQUARE FORMS PART OF YOUR MAX CLUSTER
Thank you, that's going to be quite hard to get those 3 blanks as that is all private land, have to see if I can get lost one day.

bruce1530

Guru
My veloviewer map hasn’t really changed so far this year..

1138 tiles, Max square 15x15 Max Cluster: 645

1590690680568.png

I live on the coast, pretty much where that straight line ferry trip hits the mainland. So I’m actually about 5 miles outside my max square.

South and West is sea.
The big unexplored patch north of me is moorland. There are no roads. Maybe a few paths, but I don’t ride the right type of bike.

There’s one bit that’s annoying me:

1590690961705.png

That’s just outside Glasgow - the grey diagonal strip at bottom right is the Glasgow Airport runway. The square is on the site of the Bishopton defence munitions place, so no access. I do think there’s one point at the bottom right of the square where the boundary fence is about a yard inside the square, so might take a trip into the field beside it....

D

Deleted member 26715

No colour = you've not ridden through that square yet - GO GET IT!
Pink = you've ridden that square but have squares to get around it. - GO GET THEM!
Blue = You've got that square and all four on all sides - WELL DONE, THIS SQUARE FORMS PART OF YOUR MAX CLUSTER
5 tiles today, this could be dangerous & addictive especially as I prefer offroad/MTB riding
My old stomping ground, that neck of the woods!
Certainly nice around that area, but access is being closed down, 20-30 years ago you could go anywhere you wanted virtually, but there are gates & signs everywhere now.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
5 tiles today, this could be dangerous & addictive especially as I prefer offroad/MTB riding
Certainly nice around that area, but access is being closed down, 20-30 years ago you could go anywhere you wanted virtually, but there are gates & signs everywhere now.

I don't know how I missed all these signs nor how I carried my bike over the gate to bag a square

1590745498872.png

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Thank you, that's going to be quite hard to get those 3 blanks as that is all private land, have to see if I can get lost one day.
I need to get three squares that are all on private land too and the land owner is keen on chasing trespassers off I’ve been told
Ahh....all is right again with the (Veloviewer) world again. My route plotting looked naked without it!
I really hate Strava route mapping. It’s crap. I gave up yesterday after an hour of faffing. Much prefer Komoot and cycle.travel. They’re so much more user-friendly. Can’t get the overlay for those though.

Got a local tile on Wednesday and another couple today and took my:
Tiles from 8885 to 8888
Max square from 8x6 to 11x11
Max cluster from 567 to 573
:becool:
Popped out at after lunch for an hour and grabbed a tile which takes it to:
8889 tiles,
12 x 12 Max Square and
582 Max Cluster
:okay:
Don't think I'll be able to Join up my post gps UK tiles in to Squares.

I might be able to get a few more tiles by travelling further afield.

To Join up more closer though I'll need go off road :wacko:

Last edited:
No one said the new plug in for Chrome colours in squares as you plot a route! Amazing!
Yes I spotted that when I plotted my Doncaster route, they turn yellow! Strava route planning still irks me somewhat when you try to plot a given road but need to put in 3,000 waymarkers along it because it wants to take you an extra 5 miles from point A to point B because it’s more “popular” :angry:

Yes, I know I could put it on manual mode but I find that can be just as bad!:rolleyes:

....and speaking of my Doncaster route, quite a few new tiles were got yesterday. Not my normal turf these days but I went to visit my lads who live in shireoaks so I took the opportunity to explore that way on. Maybe one day these tiles might just join up back towards Leicestershire!:laugh:

Top Bottom