Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solocle

Über Member
Superb ride to connect your two clusters. I've done it to my London cluster and its rather rewarding!
Yep, sadly, beyond perhaps a nice little cluster over the Mendips, the next tiles worth speaking of are... Sheffield. And then Leeds.

But hey, it's only 600 km to tile up to Sheffield from Oxford!
1600109169389.png

Global Nomad

Regular
struggling to fix a gps/route anomoly links data points without sufficient accuracy so I missed a tile..iw ent down the main road (yellow) and the side street...any ideas?
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 20.11.28.png

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
You can edit a GPX file with a program called RouteConverter - I quite often use that to drag my ride back on to roads when the GPS has gone a bit wonky (usually when I'm cycling in the more built up bits of London).

Solocle

Über Member
IMG_5869.JPG

1600374962456.png

That's the second failed attempt at this particular tile... I got turned around be a security chap. The utility pole is in my target tile!
1600375064605.png

1600374931447.png

ETA:
1600449962468.png

Finally got the thing

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
struggling to fix a gps/route anomoly links data points without sufficient accuracy so I missed a tile..iw ent down the main road (yellow) and the side street...any ideas?
View attachment 547374

Have you opened the ride up in Veloviewer? If you double click on it on the activity page it opens it in another window, wait until the map pops up and you see your ride on it. If you then go back to the activity page and reload it you may have the square. By opening up the ride Veloviewer takes all your data points rather than just the few it takes when you first update your activities.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
25 new squares including all the Grimsthorpe Park ones which had been on my list for a fair while:

How about this for ultimate efficiency, no wasted distance on these 3 squares ^_^
I can't say time as the top left one was a field with a footpath into it and I had to walk in (with the bike) and out (still with the bike) :laugh:

1600534145898.png

Solocle

Über Member
25 new squares including all the Grimsthorpe Park ones which had been on my list for a fair while:

How about this for ultimate efficiency, no wasted distance on these 3 squares ^_^
I can't say time as the top left one was a field with a footpath into it and I had to walk in (with the bike) and out (still with the bike) :laugh:

View attachment 548029
Nah, you had to turn around. I got free tailwind.
1600541212915.png

1600541279730.png

1600541345650.png

13 rider

Guru
A week away up in Derbyshire gained me 113 new squares total upto 4684 no increase in anything else . Didn't pay any attention while route planned . After uploading all my rides my most southern point was only 2 squares away from my main cluster . A ride to Ashbourne may occur in the future

Solocle

Über Member
1600597792716.png

1600597816811.png

An annoying little hole, filled, with a run while waiting for the shops to open.

The route that made it in the first place was me going out annoyed and without a GPS, so just sticking to *ahem* main roads.
1600597983635.png

That brings my max cluster to 971, the kilocluster is within sight!

Last edited:

bruce1530

Guru
So now I’m depressed..... lockdown hasn’t helped my Veloviewer score one little bit!

Since the turn of the year, my mileage has been good - at the moment I’m about 100 miles up on where I’ve been at this time in previous years.

BUT....

1 Jan: 1138 tiles. Max square 15x15 Max Cluster: 645

Today: 1139 tiles. Max square 15x15 Max Cluster: 649

2000 miles, but just one new tile this year! That’s just rubbish....

Global Nomad

Regular
Hey Bruce, I feel your pain...but I think being able to get out and ride as much as previously is already a good place to be in....keeping safe and healthy to allow future tile grabbing is the aim....all the best..and lets hope the weather is kind to us this autumn

PapaZita

Guru
My progress has been slow too. I’ve picked up a handful of new tiles, but haven’t extended my square at all this year. Lockdown, and a bit of uncertainty over where I’ll be able to refill water or get food, has meant my rides have tended to be shorter, faster, and a bit more off-road. I’ve found some nice bridleways not far from home, and have been working on ‘collecting’ any previously unridden roads in the area. It’s been just as much fun, although I am looking forward to exploring further afield again soon.

Top Bottom