Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Thanks guys - I've just found this option on Veloviewer after reading your posts, what a great function.
Just zoomed in on my North Wales activities... :okay:

Screenshot_20220328-114407.jpg

Sallar55

Veteran
A circuit round the perimeter of Dundee, big development going in on North side the countryside is disappearing.

Dolorous Edd

I've got a 17x17 max square but am near the coast so am at one edge of it. That means I have to do longer and longer loops from home to get new tiles - 68 miles tomorrow for 2 new tiles. I'm thinking at some point it will be more fun to use assistance to cycle more new areas/get new tiles (e.g. cycle out and train back, or drive then loop), but that feels kind of cheating?

13 rider

Guru
I've got a 17x17 max square but am near the coast so am at one edge of it. That means I have to do longer and longer loops from home to get new tiles - 68 miles tomorrow for 2 new tiles. I'm thinking at some point it will be more fun to use assistance to cycle more new areas/get new tiles (e.g. cycle out and train back, or drive then loop), but that feels kind of cheating?
There are no rules . Just the ones you impose on yourself .A group of us used to cycle out ,train back . Being on the coast makes max square increase difficult to for max cluster

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I've also come across citypainter.io which you link to Strava and it will log your activities on a map.
At present it only uses a few cities but I understand you can 'create your own', although I haven't used that function as Bristol is already included...

https://citypainter.io/dashboard

IMG_20220414_113402.jpg

My April activities so far are in orange...
Whilst using the site you can zoom in, so you can accurately see the roads you've used... :okay:

Solocle

Über Member
I've also come across citypainter.io which you link to Strava and it will log your activities on a map.
At present it only uses a few cities but I understand you can 'create your own', although I haven't used that function as Bristol is already included...

https://citypainter.io/dashboard

View attachment 639924

My April activities so far are in orange...
Whilst using the site you can zoom in, so you can accurately see the roads you've used... :okay:
1649942629838.png

1649942653812.png

1649942674525.png

1649942825060.png

Of all the cities on that list, I have no coverage in:
Renfrewshire
Aberdeenshire
Torbay
Plymouth

All the others I've at least been through once.
1649942961914.png

1649942997463.png

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
A proper Veloviewer square grabbing ride today. Over 6 miles of bridleway (which turned out to be mainly tarmac ^_^) and 6 dead ends along the way.

102 miles in total which increased my squares by 20, the max cluster by 30 and now need just 3 consecutive squares down Wellingborough way to increase the max square

13 rider

Guru
I had an annoying square completely surrounded just above Nottingham city centre ,I thought bank holiday would be a good time to nab it. So out the door at 7 ,25 miles to the edge of Nottingham over the Trent to nab 4 more squares around Gedling before heading back to just enter that square then back over the Trent at Clifton and home. 71 miles for 5 squares ,total 5148 max cluster up 12 to 2663

Last edited:

Spartak